major influences are thin lizzy, ufo and acdc
im after an amp that will get me a good sound for that type of classic rock music
airbourne, stone rider etc.....

any ideas people ???
only got a budget of around £800 - £900

after a half stack valve amp ...

the gear i use is an epiphone les paul custom and i run through my boss me-70
i'd probably get something custom built from the likes of MJW/martamp or somebody like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
marshall plexi i would recommend. does it have to be a halfstack? why not the 1962 bluesbreaker reissue, 2x12, 30watts, awesome! i have one and its great for those bands!

check out the used market
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by callumhignett
cheers sorry forgot to mention im after one thats around 80 - 100 wattss

Are you touring, because you are going to go deaf getting the right tone out of an amp with that much power.
Quote by Ghold125

i'd get the orange cab, aren't the marshall 2x12s mdf now?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ sure just to point out, he's in the uk, laneys are probably cheaper here. good call on the gh50l, that's probably what i'd get off the shelf. traynor ycv50b is a good call too, 311, on thomann it's killer value
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
cheers everyone and yeah i've got a few big gigs coming up playing outside and that ....
and yeah aha i dont have anything else just the me 70 for the tone :S
it's worked fine for me so far though and thats been going through a modelling amp so i should be alright ?

will all these amps be within my budget of 800 - 900 £ then ??

i'll write out a list and get them all tested out im sure one of them will sound good with the me 70 ayee ?
50W is the sweet spot for gigging imo. You can use it anywhere from pubs to oiutdoor gigs.

Laney is a good suggestion. Just about any of their tube amps would do the trick for you. THe GH50 is a fine choice.
Traynor YCV50B is also a good choice.
And of course a used JCM800 2204 if you can find one cheap enough.

Don't restrict yourself purely to head/cabs. If a good 2x12 combo comes up in your pricerange go for it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Guitarguitar have NEW laney gh100ls for 499 just now. Might be a mistake or an offer either way i'd jump on it. Very cheap especially when you consider that the gh50ls seem to average out at over 600 now..

Plus if its a mistake by law they'd have to sell it you

Good amp for what you'd want i'd think. Maybe a bit gainier but you could always turn the gain down.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Sep 14, 2011,
^ i'm not sure they do. They might be able to just refund you. But either way it's no real risk... they can't force you to pay the proper price if they've made a mistake.

But yeah get the laney.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah. i mean worst case scenario you have to cancel the order... which is a little bit of bother, but aside from that...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?