Hey guys,

Long story short: I started building an orange squeezer compressor (relatively simple schematic) got everything wired up, and it doesn't work correctly. I really don't know what's wrong with it. It's not the switch and its not the power source, that's really all I can tell you, but I don't have the time at the moment to figure out what's wrong, let alone fix it.

I have all the necessary parts, enclosure, LED, switches, etc. So I'm looking for someone to ship my pedal to, have you fix/ finish it OR if I completely ****ed something up just redo the circuit completely. You can drill the enclosure and stuff if you really want to, but that's not necessary.

If one of you is up for it ill pay for shipping both ways, plus a fee for your time, which can be agreed upon after you take a look at the pedal.

Thanks guys,
Ben

p.s. I'm in the US. Don't think I'm up for paying overseas shipping. Plus that takes too long. =/
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
Well I'm uk based so can't help you, but if you link the schematic you used, and a layout diagram if you used one, I'll take a peek on a fundamentals level
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=5

That's the link. I used the 2nd schematic on that page because it matched the PCB board I also purchased from tonepad.

When I turn the circuit on I'm experiencing a huge volume loss and the bias pot seems to literally do nothing.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
completely off the top of my head it sounds like the FETs might be in the wrong way round, they sit back to back on that PCB, make sure the two round sides are facing each other. also check the IC pin 1 (little circle on the top) is facing away from the side of the board with the level control

edit: also check the line on D1 is towards the level control
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Last edited by GABarrie at Sep 12, 2011,
I've checked all those things. =/ I do appreciate the help tho.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
Where are you located?
Several people in the pedalboard thread are quite adapt at pedal repair (myself included).

Actually...
I might be good to post GOOD pics of your build. Maybe we could diagnose it.
Come to the Pedalboard Thread, you will find all your answers.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Could you elaborate on why you ruled out the switch and power supply? Also could you explain the problem you're having? I don't think you mentioned what exactly was going on.

I'm in the US and would be happy to give it a look, but first things first, take some pics and post them on here. Might save yourself some time and money, since I'm sure with the knowledge that some of the members here have about pedals we can probably fix it via helpful advice.
Also, check VERY closely for solder bridges and cold solder joints. They can be very difficult to see sometimes.
I have been soldering for longer than most of the people here have even been alive and I still get them.
Im located in Nebraska.

I will update the OP to explain the problems. But basically the pedal bypasses perfectly fine but when I switch the circuit on there is a large volume drop and the bias pot doesn't seem to do anything.

I've checked for solder bridges and couldn't find any. I've used my multimeter to check all the resistors to make sure they read correctly and are in the right position. I've checked for continuity throughout every part of the circuit I can think of. I just can't find an answer.

I'll try to post some good pics when I get home later.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
If all else fails you can send it my way. Ive done tons of repairs for UGers. I cant access the pm box anymore so youll have to email me. My address is 6stringsamurai7 at gmail.
I emailed Jim, no response so far. Hes pry busy.

Anyone else wanna take a stab at it?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
bump.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
come onnnnnnn. anyone? :] Really tho I would do it myself I just don't have the time. New job + School + Guitar time = no learning how to build pedals time. Sadly.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
can you post a few detailed pics?
Q: What's worse than lobsters on your piano?
A: Crabs on your organ.
I can try I spose. Won't be until late tonight tho.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator