I know this sounds incredibly big headed and stupid, but i try playing songs now and they just aren't a struggle anymore.
So i need some suggestions because i won't improve if i keep playing songs that i don't find a challenge?

Suggestions?
Also should i go for a new genre, play metal/rock.
Play Mudvayne's "Dig" and "Under My Skin."

Play Victor Wooten's "A Show of Hands."

Actually, go write songs with other people. Unless you want to be a cover bassist, you should be honing your ability to write with others as soon as you're competent enough to do so.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Get some new inspiration, learn some more complex stuff.

Jaco Pastorius, Larry Graham, Les Claypool, Michael Manring; try competing with them. If you can then start teaching.
Progressive music.

Or singing and playing.

Try that.
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Quote by Silveroon009
Progressive music.

Or singing and playing.

Try that.

Prog

Metropolis part 1 - Dream theater
Dance of eternity - Dream Theater
Anything from yes (Roundabout, close to the edge are good start)
Anything from king crimson from Levin era!
When I get bored I always just go and learn a whole heap of new theory, then apply it.
Works every time.
learn to play classical thump with a banana.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Black Dahlia Murder has some challenging, fun stuff. Statutory Ape has a great warm-up riff.

Also, play with a band.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
Black Dahlia Murder has some challenging, fun stuff. Statutory Ape has a great warm-up riff.

Also, play with a band.

backed. Bart Williams us a sick bass player
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Play Viraema or Monumental Torment some difficult stuff. Im still trying to get it after a couple of months.
Last edited by ^SiVART^ at Sep 12, 2011,
Protest the Hero, Dream Theater, or for something very different, Primus.
[Insert something clever here]
Switch styles. If you play finger, try pick or slap. mess around with some different amp settings. A new tone might inspire new music (does for me sometimes). The only "dead end" for musicians is being dead! haha.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Learn a new technique, play scales in 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, 7ths, octaves, 9ths. Practice circle of 4ths with major/minor/dimished/major7/minor7/dominant7/halfdimished/fullydiminished7 triads (1, 2, or 3 octaves)
Do it slow, work your way up, mark your progress. Strive for at least 5 clicks more a week.

Start a journal, mark down what/how long you practice every day.
Switch up whatever you're doing.

You've reached a plateau and you don't know what to do. It happens to all of us, just work through it and you'll find a week where you'll absorb so much information and your playing will get better and better, then you'll plateau again.

Playing an instrument is easy. Being a musician is tough. Always striving to be a better player/musician is a monster.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol