Sup guys

First off id just like to point out that i may be wrong on this, so dont flip your shit and get butthurt if i am, im just asking!

Basically iv had a FREE tuner on my Galaxy S running android for months that works perfectly for acoustic and even electric through the phones mic. Some people seem to be faulting the UG tuner that costs $1.99 :S so i cant see it being the same software

The app is called gStrings and the layout is more or less exactly the same as UG too

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bRRxf0Nhr0U/SwZ5h8XeZII/AAAAAAAABxs/Vo-MZ3ks5e8/s1600/gStrings.jpg

gStrings also doesnt spam you with pop ups like many have complained the UG tuner does, so are people being ripped off by buying this?!
Your Galaxy S is not a good way to describe your phone, its either a Captivate, Facinate, Vibrant, or another name for said "line" of phones.

And I think that the UG tuner is decent but not as good as the "Tun-d FREE" available in the app store.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Not to be a smart ass, since I've never seen either app, but hasn't every tuner since the creation of tuners looked fairly similar?

You know, it tells you what note you're close to by lighting it up or displaying it, then there is a needle in the middle that fluctuates in the middle of the screen to tell you which way to go.
Quote by Vypor
Your Galaxy S is not a good way to describe your phone, its either a Captivate, Facinate, Vibrant, or another name for said "line" of phones.

And I think that the UG tuner is decent but not as good as the "Tun-d FREE" available in the app store.

In the UK it's just the "Galaxy S".
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by ZanasCross
Not to be a smart ass, since I've never seen either app, but hasn't every tuner since the creation of tuners looked fairly similar?

You know, it tells you what note you're close to by lighting it up or displaying it, then there is a needle in the middle that fluctuates in the middle of the screen to tell you which way to go.

haha i suppose i explained that quiet loosely, if you look at the layout for each app they are practically identical, the font, colour scheme, placement ect. its preatty much the same screen with a different logo on it
Quote by Vypor

Different names for phone over the pond brah.

OT: I use gStrings as well. The free version, and can't fault it. I fail to see why paying for the UG one is a viable option.
Quote by Vampire 255
In the UK it's just the "Galaxy S".

No its not. There are three models
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bluekirby7
No its not. There are three models

In all the phone shops around here I've seen them all as just the "Samsung Galaxy S". The only models I know of are the 8GB model and the 16GB model. I have the 8GB model.

Well I guess it's just another UG scheme to make more money (you can't really blame them). They have the right idea with a lot of things, though I kinda thought they wouldn't live up to other products on the market (e.g. Tab pro being a crappier version Guitar pro).
I think really it'd be better to develop their ideas more so they could actually compete well with existing products, like if they somehow made everything so much more convinient to guitarists than what we have already.

Of course not having UG plus I have no idea what I'm actually talking about None the less I thought this was a kinda valid statement hehe.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Of course not having UG plus I have no idea what I'm actually talking about None the less I thought this was a kinda valid statement hehe.

The apps aren't part of UG Plus, just normal apps for Android and iOS.

*insert conspiracy pic here of old man with tin hat*
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
Quote by Vampire 255
The apps aren't part of UG Plus, just normal apps for Android and iOS.

Ahh well...I don't own any sort of fancy phone.
Low end nokia til the day I die!
Wouldn't be the first thing they've ripped off and profited from.
Check out my band Disturbed
I heard that the UG tuner app is actually ripped off from a piece of hardware that you plug your guitar into that analyses the wavelength of the note you are playing and displays it on a screen as a letter that corresponds to a musical note.

Swear to God.