I have an mbox third generation, and protools 9, and I think I loaded everything onto my macbook, but it's not working. The mbox is picking up the signal from the guitar, and the computer/protools is recognizing that the mbox is there, but there's nothing going from the guitar to protools. How do I get it to work?
Quote by johnwolennon
I have an mbox third generation, and protools 9, and I think I loaded everything onto my macbook, but it's not working. The mbox is picking up the signal from the guitar, and the computer/protools is recognizing that the mbox is there, but there's nothing going from the guitar to protools. How do I get it to work?

Did you set up the ins and outs right? Make sure you activated the appropriate input on the mbox for recording/monitoring
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Did you set up the ins and outs right? Make sure you activated the appropriate input on the mbox for recording/monitoring

I got the chord that goes from the guitar to the input labeled 1, and the USB output that hooks up to the USB port on the macbook.
Not sure about the box you've got, my mboxs 2 mini doesn'y record guitar on input 1 for some reason, i have to use input 2. also make sure if you are in input 2 on the box, that the track you're using also says IN 2.
Quote by johnwolennon
I got the chord that goes from the guitar to the input labeled 1, and the USB output that hooks up to the USB port on the macbook.

I mean in your DAW, you need to have the settings right.
WTLTL 2011
Oh man, hey Mark, long time no see!

Sorry about that, but yeah, Avid also have pretty good customer service so if this isn't working at all, they might know what's up.

Jealous at PT9 though, I've still got 8 LE :/
Quote by Cold Reader
Oh man, hey Mark, long time no see!

Sorry about that, but yeah, Avid also have pretty good customer service so if this isn't working at all, they might know what's up.

Jealous at PT9 though, I've still got 8 LE :/

Long time indeed, how are things?

Try Mike's suggestion, using input 2. Also, make sure that whatever track you're using is set to input 2. Look at youtube, I'm sure they have some recording (priming for recording) tutorials.

This one maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnofnhQ7uJ8
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 12, 2011,
Pretty good cheers, should be some big things going on soon (gigging every week & recording etc.) which'll be fun.

You checked the inputs match up yet John?