(Invalid img)

http://www.guitarworld.com/fender-unveils-911-tribute-guitars

"The Fender Custom Shop offers its own sincere tribute to those who fell on Sept. 11, 2001, with a trio of custom Stratocaster guitars commemorating the events and the heroes at the World Trade Center complex.

The trio of Stratocaster models honors each of the three major organizations that paid such a terrible price that day—the New York City Police Department, New York City Fire Department and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Each guitar has a custom graphic finish depicting imagery related to each agency and to the events of that day."
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I would prefer them to be a bit planer.

But I bet they bring the roof down.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
this is retarded. **** fender.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Tom 1.0

lol... ****ed up.
These really have an impact on me.
I have no doubt there are people screaming for one.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by thfc1799
lol... ****ed up.

So did I. still dumb though.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
i like the middle one, the others are just plain marketing crap.
i take it the middle is for the firemen? they should torch it a little to add a nice effect

but really i might be interwebz killed now but i seriously think we shouldn't put this 9/11 bullshit to the attention this much. it's been ten years, i understand 9/11 a year later i understand 5 years later heck i also understand this 10 years later but it's been 10 years and every year its all 9/11 which shows anywhere you go..
cant wait to see what these would sound like like going through my double stacks...
Should just make a double neck that cracks in the middle then falls down.

For reals though, those are fugly.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
They should sell these at cost. Otherwise, they're profiting off 9/11, which is ****ed.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
It'd be nice if they would donate some of the money to something related to 9/11. I don't think they went out to do this just for money, but FMIC is a business. And no business does anything without thought to profit.
Quote by Tom 1.0

I knew there was a joke in there somewhere...

There are only three of these being made (the ones you see) to be auctioned off and then the proceeds are going to some WTC charity or some crap. Good on ya but only 10 years too late, next up on Fenders marketing sheet is the Holocaust guitar...
This is a pretty ballsy move from Fender. I hope their sales don't come crashing down.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Fenderexpx50
It'd be nice if they would donate some of the money to something related to 9/11. I don't think they went out to do this just for money, but FMIC is a business. And no business does anything without thought to profit.

They make plenty of profit on everything else they have. They could afford to do a proper tribute and either sell them at cost, or better yet (as someone mentioned), donate the profits to charity.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by ne14t
There are only three of these being made (the ones you see) to be auctioned off and then the proceeds are going to some WTC charity or some crap. Good on ya but only 10 years too late, next up on Fenders marketing sheet is the Holocaust guitar...

i don't think a lot of people will be GASing for one of those.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
That's not how business works unfortunately. They want as much money as they can get. While selling them at cost wouldn't really hurt them, it's not making them money. Why waste time, manpower, and materials on something you won't turn profit on?

These days it's all about money. That could be equated to saying Coke should give Mr Pibb for free because they make enough money on everything else. That's just business. Not to mention it costs money to market them to people too.

But since it's just those 3 they're auctioning off it's not that big a loss. Plus I'm sure they know this will get them a lot of publicity. In business, that's worth a lot. It's still probably a way to get their name out and associated with something memorable.
Last edited by Fenderexpx50 at Sep 12, 2011,
Quote by Blompcube
i don't think a lot of people will be GASing for one of those.

Oh shit
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tom 1.0

For the price they'll probably sell for they best bring down the whole building.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by 3074326
They should sell these at cost. Otherwise, they're profiting off 9/11, which is ****ed.

I think these are one-offs to be donated.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I'd think it would make more sense for there to be just two of them.

I would also hope they won't be a commerical item. One-offs auctioned for charity, fine. More than that, what the ****.
Quote by Darkflame
they shouldn't display them standing like that...

I personally believe the middle one would look great if it didn't have that retarded police badge behind the bridge...

that's a firefighter's cross...

i guess if there are guys working in the city who are on the job, also in a band, and lost family and friends. then let them play one if they want.

but i dont get buying one, unless you were there, or helped out the months after and
were proud that you did.

i like the design of the middle one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I was so shocked, that it made me jump.

Quote by 3074326
They make plenty of profit on everything else they have.

If they did, then they'd give Zoot a free telecaster
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I'm glad to see everyone making 9/11 jokes.

So I guess 10 years is the statute of limitations?

I think the Fender tribute's are a bit tacky. Maybe would have made more sense if they were used in a tribute concert and went to auction or something.
Matt-
Black Gibson SG - Gibson Dirty Fingers Coil Split/ Seymour Duncan 59' HB
Brown Satin Gibson SG - Seymour Duncan Invader
Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat
Epiphone Electric Accoustic
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Oh, well that makes more sense. I went back and read the article.
The tone of the thread seemed to be Evil Fender trying to ripoff people.
Matt-
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Quote by thetalonguy
I'm glad to see everyone making 9/11 jokes.

Tasteless jokes from non-Americans and obnoxious teenagers.

Next we can joke about the Tsunami that devastated Japan, or the Earthquake in Haiti. Joking about tragedies that kill thousands is so funny

Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive
Quote by W4RP1G

Next we can joke about the Tsunami that devastated Japan, or the Earthquake in Haiti. Joking about tragedies that kill thousands is so funny

Its been 10 years since it happened and people still act like it was the single biggest tragity to ever strike the world. at least Americans. All while turning a blind eye to everything America does.

Making light of a horrible situation isn't at bad thing at all. It helps people cope.

Lighten up
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
It seemed to me that those three were the only ones to be produced. The article stated that Eric Clapton would use them on tour this fall, and they would then be donated to 9/11 first-responder organizations.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Its been 10 years since it happened and people still act like it was the single biggest tragity to ever strike the world. at least Americans. All while turning a blind eye to everything America does.

Making light of a horrible situation isn't at bad thing at all. It helps people cope.

Lighten up

Yup, those damn evil Americans. Each and every one us take a personal hand in what America does oversees. All foreign policies are up to the citizens.

Maybe I'm a little sensitive since I'm from NY and know families that lost loved ones.

And I think what you think of making light of the situation is completely off. Yes, how about we joke about people who decided that they rather jump off a tower as opposed to being burned alive. Yea, that definitely helps me cope.
Matt-
Marshall Valvestate
Fender Mustang II
Boss DS-1
Vox Wah
Quote by Sinister Waffle

Lighten up

Oh it's been 10 years? I didn't realize that, it's funny now

Seriously, politics aside, anti-American hostilities aside, innocent people died in a pretty horrific tragedy. I don't think I'm out of line here.
Quote by W4RP1G

Hey, let's joke about that guy in Sweden that shot up those 90-some people, that's just as funny as 9/11! Or those train bombings in Span and London a few years ago! Oh, man, I split my sides laughing at those dead Europeans.

Some of you ****heads are sick, sick people, and I just think you should know that.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by W4RP1G
Oh it's been 10 years? I didn't realize that, it's funny now

Seriously, politics aside, anti-American hostilities aside, innocent people died in a pretty horrific tragedy. I don't think I'm out of line here.

You're not out of line in that sense, But Never letting something move on is the same reason why Muslims are second grade citizens, we're still in Iraq. Etc

The same people who get overly offended about 9/11 jokes that aren't even funny, are the same people that when the earthquake in japan happened said " thats payback for Pearl harbor".
You belong in a museum.