Poll: Which guitar and does the Billy-Bo Jupiter look cool?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar and does the Billy-Bo Jupiter look cool?
Gretsch Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird
1 4%
Gretsch White Falcon w/ Dynasonic Pickups
6 26%
Gretsch White Falcon w/ Filtertron Pickups
6 26%
PRS Studio
11 48%
The Gretsch Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird doesnt look cool
6 26%
The Gretsch Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird does look cool
4 17%
Voters: 23.
Hi guys, i have 2 questions. first one is:

what do you guys think of the Gretsch Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird? have any of you tried it it and what is it like? i think it looks really cool what do you think?

second question: i play blues, rock, funk rock and classic rock. i like good cleans and i like either slight overdrive or crunch, i currently own a gibson les paul and my amp is a Vox AC15 and i want a guitar that is not to similar to the les paul cause that would be a waste of money... so heres my question:

out of the:
gretsch white falcon

PRS Custom 24

Gretsch Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird

which would be best for me, why and if the gretsch white falcon should i get dynasonic or filtertrons?
My personal choice would be the White Falcon.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
There's considerable tonal overlap between the PRS and a Les Paul. There's very little between the Falcon and an LP. I would not get a Falcon with Dynasonics unless you really know you want them, they tend to be kind of noisy and thin.

The Billy-Bo... I think it's ugly, but I guess that's your decision to make. If you're going to go for the Gretsch sound I'd go with a hollowbody.
dynasonic or filtertrons? why the white falcon and what do you guys think of the prs and Billy-Bo Jupiter?
totally different sound and feel on these. i'd say White Falcon myself but that's just me.
Quote by Roc8995
There's considerable tonal overlap between the PRS and a Les Paul. There's very little between the Falcon and an LP. I would not get a Falcon with Dynasonics unless you really know you want them, they tend to be kind of noisy and thin.

The Billy-Bo... I think it's ugly, but I guess that's your decision to make. If you're going to go for the Gretsch sound I'd go with a hollowbody.

the reason im looking at the prs is because its versatile and good for what i play and it has coil tapping so i can get the single coil and humbucker sound in one guitar without modding it. how would the white falcon and the Billy-Bo Jupiter suit my style? how does there playability compare to the prs and les paul, my les paul has very hard to beat playability.

the advantage of getting a hollow body for me is that then i have a solid body and hollow body so i dont need to worry about buying one in a few years and instead i can save for better amps.

Edit: you're the cool mod!!!!!!!!!!!! I must be really annoying to you now!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by itamar101 at Sep 12, 2011,
the prs studio has 2 mini humbuckers, which won't really sound much like a les paul at all, add that with the fact that you have coil tapping, 3 pickups, and a 5-way selector, it won't be another lp sounding guitar. it is its own beast.

granted, it can get good hard rock sounds, but imo it sounds nothing like a lespaul.
White Falcon, and whatever pickups come on the double cutaway version.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi