hey i've been listening to a lot of Machine Head lately and a big part of there sound is harmonics in the middle of a riff, i was wondering if anyone had a good way to practice pulling off harmonics quickly and clearly to be able to use them in riffs rather than slowly like the beginning of Welcome Home (sanitarium).
when i learned i used the cromatic pathern all up and down everytime i got near a natural harmonc i pull it out. eventually i build some speed
I love those Machinehead harmonics. Its their signature sound. No one does it like them. Practice it slowly! Turn your metronome way down and practice going from a palm muted chord to the harmonic. Try something very simple at first like quarter notes. do 3 quarter notes and then a harmonic unless you're more advanced you can do some faster stuff.

Try to find the Davidian tab or look it up on you tube. Another song that has those harmonics is Halo which is in the Total Guitar mag. Check on their website they may have it. Davidian is on the 2009 xmas issue.
Last edited by mikesocarras at Sep 13, 2011,
practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice.

Its they key. If you get frustrated, put the guitar down, walk away and come back in 5 mins.

then try again.

Malmsteen didnt just pick up a guitar and shred the tits off it when he first started. He practiced 12 hours a day!

Keep at it
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.