Because i have and they have a good metal setting.

Sorry if this is a silly thread,i just drank coffee and it seems to take a while for the coffee to kick in.
Last edited by Axelfox at Sep 12, 2011,
yes, yes i have.

they sounded alright, a whole lot better than the regular spider at gigging volumes, but still sounded a bit like a digital imitation of a tube amp despite actually having tubes.

and the difference between volumes on certain settings and amp models was annoying as hell.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Axelfox
Dude,i'm no troll.

This would be trolls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotic_Nigras

I belong to several groups like the Deviantart anti-troll club.

Lol, how credible you must be then.

Anyways, I disagree. I think the Spider Valve amps are absolutely phenomenal and not "okay" at best as someone else put it. You just so happen to pick up one with an extended floor board, your pretty much good to go.

In my band, one of my guitar players has a Peavey 6505 head and cab, while my rhythm has a Line 6 Spider valve head and cab - The tone we get out of the Line 6 is this much crispier, hot, tone that cuts through the mix really well. The 6505 i will admit has more chug but really just sounds damp compared to the Valve.

I say you should play one and decided for yourself though.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
Lol, how credible you must be then.

Anyways, I disagree. I think the Spider Valve amps are absolutely phenomenal and not "okay" at best as someone else put it. You just so happen to pick up one with an extended floor board, your pretty much good to go.

In my band, one of my guitar players has a Peavey 6505 head and cab, while my rhythm has a Line 6 Spider valve head and cab - The tone we get out of the Line 6 is this much crispier, hot, tone that cuts through the mix really well. The 6505 i will admit has more chug but really just sounds damp compared to the Valve.

I say you should play one and decided for yourself though.

If i understand ,Lacuna Coil uses one of the amps as well.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yes

TY.

Of course i'm gonna order the FBV MKII Shortboard later on.
They're definitely NOT worth what they charge for them. Way too digital sounding for a supposed hybrid amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I didn't like the one I tried. Was muddy as hell.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I love mine.... I spent a couple of hours testing amps before I bought it at the store and can say without doubt it blows any combo in the $600-$800 price range out of the water.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
You had $800 to spend and the best thing you could find was a Spider Valve?
They aren't as bad as a SS Spider but seriously, that was the best thing you could find? Ever heard of Ebay and Craigslist?
just
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I got it for $600 new. I can't fit a half-stack so I had to get a combo. :P And I'm never using ebay for big purchases, I've been screwed over one too many times on that site.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Last edited by DeadlyDevil1985 at Sep 13, 2011,
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
I love mine.... I spent a couple of hours testing amps before I bought it at the store and can say without doubt it blows any combo in the $600-$800 price range out of the water.

With that money you could get something awesome and very nice sounding.
TBH, I really like them. For the new price, they are decent, but for the used, they're pretty hard to beat at some of the prices I've seen them go for. I haven't tried the MKII yet, but I remember going to Guitar Center one day and I tried all the amps they had in there, including a 6505+, Krank Rev, VHT 50/CL and a Mesa Triple Recto, and the SVhad a much clearer tone. Sure, it was pretty digital sounding and a little more thin, but it did the chainsaw grind really well, and the clarity was pretty insane after I played with it for a while.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
I got it for $600 new. I can't fit a half-stack so I had to get a combo. :P And I'm never using ebay for big purchases, I've been screwed over one too many times on that site.

If it's that big of a purchase you do the actual exchange face to face. If you get screwed over then it's your own fault.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have the 2x12 combo. It's a pretty good amp, though I don't think it's worth the asking price.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII