So today I was in the 'ol pawn shop. I spotted this bass, and played around with it. It felt good, but had a little high action. "I can fix that," I thought. An hour later and here she is. I usually don't like Fenders, but this one kinda did away with that

It's a Fender Jazz 24. Made in Korea, active elec, Basslines, string thru, hipshot tuners, jizz, the works. I still have to lower the action a bit, but so far the tone is VERY quality and it feels great. For $320 and my little 10 watt orange crush guitar amp, not a bad dealio.
Ill post sound clips and/or videos soon. But for now here's a pic of the rig and my wall.

...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Sep 12, 2011,
Becoming The Archetype and Demon Hunter. I approve.

Oh yeah, Happy new bass day!
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
A Jazz 24 for $320? You got a steal, HNBD!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I remember when everyone (or maybe just a couple of people ) were obsessed with these on the forum a while back, HNBD!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
wants it.

not that bad but wants it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by fleajr_1412
I remember when everyone (or maybe just a couple of people ) were obsessed with these on the forum a while back, HNBD!

Wasn't that just cb4 ranting about how Fender should make basses with 24 frets?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
A Jazz 24 for $320? You got a steal, HNBD!

Heck yea, I did. However, it's nowhere near the steal Fitz got. I envy him every time I think of that bass or this forum for that matter. I've been out of the game for too long. Went without a bass for around 6 months (I think) and stopped posting for a long time. Now I'm feeling good about doing some major theory learning, technique improving, and band playing.

Humanity, I know what you mean. If I were to see this bass posted in a NBD on this forum I'd be like "Meh, rather have a Warwick," but when I picked this baby up it surpassed all my expectations. The tone is so versatile. I've yet to even figure out what all the knobs do. XD

Also, sometime in the near future (maybe around Christmas), I'm planning on dropping a split coil in there right between the Js. Anyone know if that would be too complicated with the preexisting active electronics? Also, recommendations for pups? Thinking either the Seymour Duncan whachamacallit or an active Emg (for tone sterilization).
HNDB. Super Jelly. =/
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by Tostitos
Wasn't that just cb4 ranting about how Fender should make basses with 24 frets?

Yes
Fender...

Y U STOP MAKIN DESE!?!?!?

Seriously, they are beautiful, nice playing too. And they sound godly, like all Jazzes.
I nearly bought one of these many moons ago.

Seriously good instruments.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by Killerfridge
I nearly bought one of these many moons ago.

Seriously good instruments.

I'll trade for your Warwick.

>.>

<.<

>.>
The Warwick was actually one of the reasons I didn't get the Jazz
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz