Hi,

Im not sure which tube screamer I should buy. Is the ts808 reissue worth the extra $ over the ts9? I like to all kinds of genres from metal - punk - blues etc.

Regards
Take the TS9, you can mod it to ts 808 specs and have a decend button to push.
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
TS7. 9 & 808 are almost wastes of money when used as a boost.

@Grawgos Change your avatar! I always feel sick when I see your posts.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Pretty well every tubescreamer type pedal is more or less the same, TBH.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Offworld92
@Grawgos Change your avatar! I always feel sick when I see your posts.

Yeah, I've been meaning to do that. I'm usually on my phone, so I don't see the animation and I keep forgetting to change it.
Ibanez jet driver JD-9 true bypass $89.00 sound like an 808 with more gain and mid and tone control.

Quote by IbanezBossShred
Ever consider the Ibanez TS9DX? It does everything the TS7 or TS9 do and it adds an additional mode (deeper tone and more gain). Just my $1.50 ( $.02 + inflation) worth.

Actually, the additional 3 modes offer increasing amounts of bass and decreasing amounts of gain. The extra bass just creates an illusion of more gain that gets lost in a band mix. It's a cool pedal though.

Quote by mmjohn
Ibanez jet driver JD-9 true bypass $89.00 sound like an 808 with more gain and mid and tone control.

Still need to try this. Nowhere has them in stock though. From the guts, it looks to be very different from the Tubescreamer but I'm guessing the end result is fairly similar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
[quote="Still need to try this. Nowhere has them in stock though. From the guts, it looks to be very different from the Tubescreamer but I'm guessing the end result is fairly similar.[/QUOTE"]
Its reminds me of my TS-808 with a bit more drive......2 4855d's
If you just want to buy and be done, I have nothing but good things to say about my Hardwire CM-2. If you're willing to finagle a bit more, I'd recommend getting a stock TS-9 and modding it yourself (if you're able), or having somebody like Keeley/JHS/etc mod it.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Grawgos
The green rhino.

this
i just bought one and its so much better than any other tubescreamer i've used. not to mention its cheaper than an 808
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Goodtimes666
this
i just bought one and its so much better than any other tubescreamer i've used. not to mention its cheaper than an 808

Do you use yours as a boost, or for dirt? I played my friends GR, and I thought it sounded awesome, but it just didn't have enough drive for me. (Though I'm pretty sure more than half the people that use a tubescreamer keep the drive rolled off anyways)
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I had a TS9DX, the extra modes really just added more mud
They're all basically the same like bubbs said, and a TS7 can easily be modded to 808 specs. If you're using it as a boost, they'll all sound basically identical.
Quote by souperman08
Do you use yours as a boost, or for dirt? I played my friends GR, and I thought it sounded awesome, but it just didn't have enough drive for me. (Though I'm pretty sure more than half the people that use a tubescreamer keep the drive rolled off anyways)

i use it with level max and drive min. i do use it for crunch sounds but i don't turn up the drive at all for that. i seriously played every overdrive and boost at guitarcenter and this was the best one by far, at least when being used for a boost.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Just my $1.50 ( $.02 + inflation) worth.

LoL
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED