My friend and I were playing a couple weeks ago and there was a power surge, and the amp went out. First it was no sound. Now it won't even turn on. I check both the regular fuse and the HT fuse and they're both intact. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Check the fuses with a multimeter. They dont always look blown.

No sound but it turns on may indicates power valve failure. Its also a symptom of the HT fuse blowing. The OT might have blown too. But to be fair the fuse shouldve saved it since thats what theyre for. They blow during surges and spikes to protect the amp.

Defo recheck fuses.
Quote by sirgreggins
My friend and I were playing a couple weeks ago and there was a power surge, and the amp went out. First it was no sound. Now it won't even turn on. I check both the regular fuse and the HT fuse and they're both intact. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Are you running it through a power board. If so, did you try a different one? Some have internal surge protection. They protect the equipment but once they do their job a few times they can go faulty.

Or have you tried a completely different outlet?
We hooked it up to the cab and everything powers up. Tubes are glowing eytc. Just NO output whatsoever
Power conditioners work good
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean