I was thinking of starting to learn the bass soon and I've been doing a bit of research. I have been playing electric guitar casually for 4 years and already have a Peavey Vypyr 15w Guitar amp that I use. I was hoping that, if I got a bass guitar, that I could just use this amp for practice. After searching for a bit about whether this would harm the amp if I used a bass with it, some people have said that it will not do any harm in the slightest as long as a keep the volume low while others have said that it will blow the speakers, fry the circuits or other damages to that effect. So I'm feeling a bit cautious now and feel like I should get a bass amp just to be on the safe side, but I don't really want to spend a lot of money on one if there isn't really much difference between a bass and guitar amp.

So TL;DR I'm looking for the cheapest possible bass amp ( £50 max ) with both a headphone jack and an auxiliary input jack so I can play along to mp3s. I'm not really looking for anything fancy since I'm not into gigging or anything, just anything with those two features.

If anybody to show me any links to any amps that would work I would be very grateful

Thanks in advance
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-Rumble-15-Bass-Amplification-Bass-Amp-/280736053386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415d2c388a

Just a sort of example. The bidding won't go past $50 USD if my assumptions are correct. Go to a local music store/website where you buy used gear and get a used fender rumble 15 or acoustic b10. Those are (i think) the most common bass amps for that price.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Thanks for that the fender rumble seems like the best bet its pretty much exactly what I'm looking for