For some reason, the pickup on my Epiphone sg g-400 is acting really weird. I think it's the bridge pickup (all I know is that it's the pickup the guitar uses when it's set to treble). They're the standard pickups that came with the guitar (Alnico classic humbuckers). The problem is that when it's set to treble, I'll have that nice bright distortion (perfect for playing some early Megadeth), but then it's like someone just turns down the volume almost al the way down, leaves it for 30 seconds, then turns it back up. It's pretty annoying. Anyone know what the problem is?
sounds like a wiring problem, i had a SG 400 that did the same thing, if you can get a new set of pickups and have all the wiring a jacks replaced. IF you dont do this you most likely will have the same problems over and over and over.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I have a similar problem on one of my guitars

I was told it's most likely either a loose solder joint or a bad/dirty pot. Open up the control cavity on the back and take a look inside for any loose solder joints.
|--Guitars--|
Ovation Condor
Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400
|--Amp--|
Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube
|--Pedals--|
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss CH-1 Chorus
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
I had a similar sounding problem on my Epi Paul, except it was the neck. Clean the connections or look for a loose wire. It might be hard to find but it seems like the answer.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
That's exactly what I had to do too. For some reason it works fine now but it wouldn't be a bad idea to clean the connections anyways.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by B3tween2ferns
Flicking the switch back and forth seemed to do the trick for now.

sounds like a dicky switch. i had a similar problem on my epi les paul - it sounded like the volume knob was turned way down low.

epi switches don't have a very good history. replacing it should do the job.
Same thing happened to my g400. I had to re solder the input jack.
-ltd mh-350fr
-ltd ec-401
-Ibanez RGA42FM
-peavey valveking 112
-line 6 spider iii 30 watt
-pedalz