I want some really bright bass strings. But, I don't like to change strings too often so I'm looking for bright strings that last a long time. Any suggestions? I like the sound of the GHS super steels, but I don't know how long they hold that bright tone. So recommend me some strings! haha. Coated strings would be great, if any exist.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
I'm not sure what brand lasts the longest,but cleaning your strings often makes them hold there tone better.Coated sound kinda dull right out of the box but they don't change much.Hope this helps
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
I like Ernie Balls, they stayed really bright for a bout 1-2 weeks for me - it depends on how much you play. They're roundwound though, not coated
[Insert something clever here]
Quote by 13Kelly13
I like Ernie Balls, they stayed really bright for a bout 1-2 weeks for me - it depends on how much you play. They're roundwound though, not coated

They're the only string that has never lasted me a week.

Elixirs last me 6-7 months or so usually. I can keep them on for 12-18 sometimes but they're pretty dead way before that.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
elixers sound too bright, then like ass, just like nickel strings, but with more time being bright.

rotosound and DR sound nice, last pretty long.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I like DR Hi-Beams and Stainless Steel Lo-riders for how long they last.

If I can't get my hands on either Rotosound 66's are great too though they feel like cheese graters.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I use DR Hi-Beams and DR Sun-Beams. They stay bright, but not overbearingly so!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
R.Cocco stainless' last ages. I've had a set on my Corvette for about 5 months now and don't plan on changing them any time soon, and I'm a once every 1-2 months kinda guy.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB