Basically, I'm about to have to order a guitar sight unseen. I'm trying to decide between two different Ibanez RG's. One of these has the Wizard II neck which I'm familiar with and really love. The other has the Wizard III neck which I'm not familiar with, but I like a lot of its other features more than the other.

I was wanting to know if someone can tell me their personal take on the difference between the Wizard II and Wizard III necks? Has anyone compared them?
My understanding of the different Wizards are just the size and slight shape differences over the years.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
I have not had the chance to test the new neck profile but based from the spec Wizard 3 is slightly rounder (430mm vs 400mm radius) and wider at toward the neck joint (56mm vs 58mm). I'm familiar with Wizard 2 and always though this neck was a bit too flat on me. I kinda like the new chances from the look of it, actually.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
I have not had the chance to test the new neck profile but based from the spec Wizard 3 is slightly rounder (430mm vs 400mm radius) and wider at toward the neck joint (56mm vs 58mm). I'm familiar with Wizard 2 and always though this neck was a bit too flat on me. I kinda like the new chances from the look of it, actually.

I'm hoping I like them, and I may have to go on a journey/adventure to a guitar center to put my hands on a wizard III neck (several hours drive). I could live with it being slightly more round, but I like the D profile of the wizard II. Wish I could find someone who has actually handled both.
If google results can be believed the difference is that Wizard III necks are 2mm wider at the nut and 1.5mm wider at the 12th fret. The back contour is apparently the same only since it's stretched out over a slightly wider neck I imagine it would feel a little bit thinner at the edges and a bit flatter in the middle.
Quote by grohl1987
If google results can be believed the difference is that Wizard III necks are 2mm wider at the nut and 1.5mm wider at the 12th fret. The back contour is apparently the same only since it's stretched out over a slightly wider neck I imagine it would feel a little bit thinner at the edges and a bit flatter in the middle.

If that's the case, then I'd definitely get a Wizard III, given the option. But the Wizard II is pretty amazing, so either one will be great.