Page 1 of 3
So I graduated high school last year and today I found out that some girl in my class is already married. WTF? Does anybody else think that is completely retarded? She has no job, he's in the marines and they don't come from money so their parents won't be supporting them. I don't see the ending well for her.
Discuss
EDIT: Yeah, I get that it's not my business, I never tried to make it mine. I just want to know what everybody else thinks.
Last edited by fluffymuffins at Sep 12, 2011,
So? Friends of mine are in that same situation, and they're doing well.

It's none of your business
There were like 3 chicks in my class in HS who were married and had a baby while still in HS. And tons of other who were pregnant or already had a baby.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Somekid94
So? Friends of mine are in that same situation, and they're doing well.

You don't think they should have waited until they were financially stable? They have almost no income. Doesn't seem well thought out to me.
I don't know anyone who got married that young, but I know people that age who have kids. Some had them at like 16/17. So I guess it's not that unusual.
Nobody in my high school got pregnant over the 4 years I was there. The ones who get married from 18-21 are usually Christian or otherwise religious, though.
My parents got married when they were both 18. They're still married after 35 years. I guess it works sometimes.
Quote by fluffymuffins
You don't think they should have waited until they were financially stable? They have almost no income. Doesn't seem well thought out to me.

none of your
buisness
**** off
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Not that unusual? Who the hell would get married when you're barely out of high school? Kids these days are messed.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by tortilla
none of your
buisness
**** off

bitch, i didn't say it was. im just voicing my opinion and want to hear what others have to say.
I have friends that got married right out of high school and seem to be doing well. One girl is going to college at the same place I am while her husband does...I have no idea actually. Her dad probably helps out, though. He runs the vocational school around here.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by Somekid94

I agree.

I know people who got pregnant at 15, I know people that do heroin and I know alcoholics. I don't judge them or question their choices because I'm not an asshole.
Quote by Unourrit01
oh. doing this is still funny?

If you mean the way he types. Then I think it's a force of habit for him.

Because you
know that typing
like this is
totally cool.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Sure it's stupid and probably won't work, but it's their lives and their decisions. You don't think it's a good idea, which is why you aren't married right now. But they do, and they aren't hurting you by doing so, so let them give it a go. They'll either learn or it'll work and you'll look stupid for condemning it, but either way, it's not your choice.
Quote by Unourrit01
oh. doing this is still funny?

its not funny
i'm the only
one who types
like this, people
sometimes copy
me when i post
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by Jackintehbox
My parents got married when they were both 18. They're still married after 35 years. I guess it works sometimes.

I feel bad for your dad.

A military job should be enough to support the two of them if they live a modest life for now.

If she's happy then I guess that's all that really matters right?
I don't see how being married is connected to a couples financial status....
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I think that they probably could have waited until they had a stable income for the foreseeable future. You can still love someone and live together just the same and not be married until your finances are planned for.
I know someone who got engaged right out of high school but is waiting until college is done to get married. I really don't care, i feel people can do whatever they want if they seriously feel it's the right idea. Their business not mine.

I also hate how people say "It's not my business but..." and "I don't really care but...". If you really wanted to leave it to them, you would not be passing judgement.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Jackintehbox

My mom was 17 when she had me and was subsequently married and my parents are still together.

It's not impossible to make work, even if you have limited finances as mine did. If the parents are willing to sacrifice and "grow up" it can be done. Takes maturity though.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
It's what my parents did. Out of high school, have a kid, marry, both 18. So basically, considering my brother and I are still alive, I don't see a problem here.
Quote by fluffymuffins
Does anybody else think that is completely retarded? She has no job, he's in the marines and they don't come from money so their parents won't be supporting them. I don't see the ending well for her.
Discuss.

Maybe they really love each other and their parents accepted and supported it and would try to help in any way they can, maybe not financially, but just supporting them goes a long way.

I dunno. It's their lives, not for me to judge.

Personally, I would not get married, ever, since I am a lonely bastard.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Jackintehbox

Pretty big generation gap there...
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by fluffymuffins
he's in the marines

There it is.

Either way, let 'em be. Some people make it work, so if it does, good on them.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by fluffymuffins
So I graduated high school last year and today I found out that some girl in my class is already married. WTF? Does anybody else think that is completely retarded? She has no job, he's in the marines and they don't come from money so their parents won't be supporting them. I don't see the ending well for her.
Discuss
EDIT: Yeah, I get that it's not my business, I never tried to make it mine. I just want to know what everybody else thinks.

Marines basically support them themselves. Depending on whether you live on base you either get a housing allowence or a free home. Huge tax breaks. You basically get all necessities paid for and then income on top of that.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
My ex's sister got married straight out of high school. Their family was kind of crazy religious though, and the married sister was a legit nymphomaniac. I guess they all thought that marriage was the best way to get that controlled.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
My dad was born when his parents were 17 and 18 , they struggled but everything worked out. They stayed married until my dad's dad passed away in a plane crash. For some people it works out, for others it does not.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Each to their own. Some last, some don't.

On a related note: A guy in my mum's work was married for 40 years and just found out his wife's been cheating on him. How ****ed is that?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Each to their own. Some last, some don't.

On a related note: A guy in my mum's work was married for 40 years and just found out his wife's been cheating on him. How ****ed is that?

Not as ****ed as it should be, apparently that's the "norm".
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
My grandparents got married at 18, and would still be married today at age 92 if my grandma hadn't died last year. Ya never know how things turn out man.
Sail upon the open skies
I know a girl who's my age (21) who's already been married and divorced for a year.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by bradulator
There were like 3 chicks in my class in HS who were married and had a baby while still in HS. And tons of other who were pregnant or already had a baby.

What kind of high schools do people go to where this happens? I've never gone to school with a pregnant girl, and I don't exactly live in the Hamptons.
I knew two people who got married at 16, then less than a year later she left him for his dad (must have been forty something).
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Page 1 of 3