I recently purchased a schecter damien elite avenger fr from Guitar Center. When I originally purchased it, I was told it would arrive in 5-7 days. Today I got an email telling me my item was on backorder. I contacted customer support, they told me it was on backorder until 9/19, which is no big deal but I've heard a lot about the bs with ridiculous delays, so I highly doubt that their info is accurate. Course it might depend on schecter as well in this case, so I really can't tell.

The same guitar is on ebay for the same price. Seller has a pretty good rep. I'm thinking of cancelling my order with GC and ordering from ebay while I still have the chance. There are some benefits that come with ordering from GC though. Their 30 day return policy, and if anything f**ks up during shipping or for whatever reason the guitar isn't in ideal condition, they're obligated to handle it.

What should I do UG? If it's only going to be a week or two more of waiting I can live with that, but any longer I think I'd rather cancel and go for the one on ebay.
I had an issue with an order from Guitar Center, my guitar was back ordered and they were feeding me BS. I cancelled and went to Sam Ash, and I was pleasantly surprised when it even arrived before the projected date. And their customer service was far and above Guitar Center.
I just gave customer service another call, they said they were expecting a large shipment in about a week. Should I believe that? Cancelling at this stage seems fairly easy, as would be placing the order on ebay, which will most likely arrive much earlier.
though assuming the shipment does arrive next week, I should be able to live with that.
If they delay it again by more than a week, make the switch. I had the same problem with GC and they delayed mine first by a week, then a month, then 6 months. Be patient, but don't take their shit.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Cancel if you want to go through someone else, but eBay won't honor minor issues that might bother you if you don't like the guitar. It could have a high nut or a misaligned bridge, just enough to bother you, but not enough to claim fraud. A larger retailer will back their purchase more.
^currently leaning towards sticking with GC atm for that very reason. And ebay returns would be incredibly annoying.
Quote by Zakkcd
If they delay it again by more than a week, make the switch. I had the same problem with GC and they delayed mine first by a week, then a month, then 6 months. Be patient, but don't take their shit.

Yeah I'll do that. Hopefully after a week the ebay offer will still be up.
i think a lot of people tend to think that GC is holding their new guitar hostage. that is not the case, they are waiting to get it from their distributers, or if the distributers dont have it, then it has to roll off the assmbly machine.

some other stores may be able to get one faster, but that is most likely because they have stock on hand whereas other places dont.

dont take me wrong, it sucks waiting for backordered gear, the year the tweaker came out i waited five or six months for mine.

the thing you can do that will at least compinsate you is to call their CS rep and ask for their person their head right from the get go and tell them that you find this process unacceptable and you are disappointed with thier company. you may have to push and prod a bit, but i know first hand that they will throw some $$$ in your way or cut the price or something. i got a brand new tweaker for $272 when they were selling for $400 new, and i got mine the same week as everybody else's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think a lot of people tend to think that GC is holding their new guitar hostage. that is not the case, they are waiting to get it from their distributers, or if the distributers dont have it, then it has to roll off the assmbly machine.

some other stores may be able to get one faster, but that is most likely because they have stock on hand whereas other places dont.

dont take me wrong, it sucks waiting for backordered gear, the year the tweaker came out i waited five or six months for mine.

the thing you can do that will at least compinsate you is to call their CS rep and ask for their person their head right from the get go and tell them that you find this process unacceptable and you are disappointed with thier company. you may have to push and prod a bit, but i know first hand that they will throw some $$$ in your way or cut the price or something. i got a brand new tweaker for $272 when they were selling for $400 new, and i got mine the same week as everybody else's.

Good advice. They never sweetened the deal and they couldn't even tell me where I was on the waiting list for my guitar, so I got a refund.

I recommend calling Sam Ash and talking to someone in the electric guitar department. If they have one in stock, you may be set and you could just order through them. But you might wanna try to get GC to sweeten the deal first if you are willing to wait and trust GC.
@trashedlostfdup
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try to get a price cut outta them if they take much longer :P

@W4RP1G
I checked the Sam Ash website, I don't think they stock schecters sadly.
interesting thing, I just saw another website selling the same model say "more expected september 22." I guess schecter really did make deals to ship out more to retailers around mid to late september.