So my interface came in today and i tried recording some guitar tracks but since my computer is super old and slow it couldn't handle drum vsti's plus multiple vsts on my guitar tracks without freezing.(not to mention soon to be vocal tracks with FXs also.)
so my question is, is there a way that i can route the FX that im using on say "Guitar track1" to "guitar track2"? without having to open fx chains on each track so my pc doesn't freeze or blow up or something?
If anyone can explain to me how to do this i would appreciate it very much.
thank you.

quick info:
DAW:reaper
Cheap usb interface/mixer
im using amp sims with cab impulses.
Extremely frustrated.
NEW SIGNATURE!
I'm not in front of REAPER right now but I would imagine you could use a FX send and send guitars to a comon FX group to share reverbs etc.
Whats the specs of your machine?
When I go to record I run a little program called gamebooster that shreds my machine of unwanted programs running in the back ground.
MARSHALL: AVT 2000, MARSHALL: JTM 200 MARSHALL MAJOR 1969, LINE 6: POD X3 LIVE, VARIAX 600, VARIAX 700, GIBSON: FIREBIRD V,FERNANDES: REVELLE DK, FERNANDES: RETRO ROCKET PRO, BOSS: RC 50 loop station
Couldnt you just have a parent folder with the vsts and fx chain on it and then have a few tracks under that parent folder in its own group? From reading what your saying i think that would achieve your goal.
I'm not sure what'll happen if you run two guitar DI's into a single amp sim... if you'd like to try, make a track called "AMP" or such, load up your amp vst on it, and then on your DI tracks, click the I/O button and create a send on each to the AMP track. Alternatively, you can right click on your guitar track and select Apply track FX as new take which will then print your FX to the track and you can then go and remove all the plugins you've got on it; using this method you've still got your DI as an earlier take so you can go back if you want to change the tone, etc.

You can do the same thing with your drum tracks and instead of midi running through a drum plugin, you'll have audio tracks which don't take up as much CPU to play back.
okay i read your guys replies but im still new at this so if someone could go into further detail on how i should properly try to get Left and right rhythm guitars both with amp simulators and cab impulses to run without having to load fx chains into each single one that would be great thanks.
NEW SIGNATURE!