I am getting a Faded Les Paul Studio next month And when i went in to try it i LOVED the cleans and i could get a really good punk rock and grungy sound from it. But unfortunatley i couldnt test if they could handle Hardcore/Metalcore/Thrash metal as the amp they plugged me into didnt have much gain. I am going in next week to play it through a mesa but want to know generally if they could handle those stlyes of music as well.
A lot of it will depend on the amp, and if your going to be using any pedals, but yeah it should be able to handle most any genre
As said above, that's mostly going to come from your amp. Those pickups will be just fine. In fact, if I recall correctly, the Thunderhorse (Dethklok signature Explorer) has Burstbuckers in it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
A Studio can handle it. I play Iron Maiden and Metallica on mine. What's been said above is very true. It's the amp that really matters.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded which has burstbuckers in it. They'll do quite a lot. However, as mentioned, the amp plays quite a big part.
I don't usually post on here, but I have 2 guitars with Burstbucker Pros. One is a Les Paul Standard, the other is a Standard Faded like the OP has mentioned. Being quite frank, they are average pickups for anything other than clean tones, rock, hard rock or lower-gain metal. They tend to produce feedback (more than other pickups like Duncan JBs or Dimarzio Tone Zones), which may seem trivial, but it really gets to be annoying after a while.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these pickups, but not for the metalcore genre. Just my opinion though........
Thanks for the responses. I just got back from the shop and played it through a tiny terror ( There were no mesas i could try out). After playing a bit i get what your saying that the amp plays a big part. I could get a decent Metallica and Quicksand tone out of it. It handled metalcore all right, a bit thin sounding. But thats fine as this is going to be my "all around" guitar. Cant wait till i get this next month!
Quote by FairyBoy423
Thanks for the responses. I just got back from the shop and played it through a tiny terror ( There were no mesas i could try out). After playing a bit i get what your saying that the amp plays a big part. I could get a decent Metallica and Quicksand tone out of it. It handled metalcore all right, a bit thin sounding. But thats fine as this is going to be my "all around" guitar. Cant wait till i get this next month!

most of that is because you are playing a low gain low wattage amp. you plug BB's into more of a "metal" amp, persay the 6505 or a higher end amp like one of my splawns, you can defnintely nail some heavier tones.

also to mention, i am not an Orange hater, i have a Dual Terror and absolutly love it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I own a 2008 studio LP with burstbuckers and I play post-hardcore, post-rock, pop punk and hardcore type stuff and this guitar suits my needs pretty well. I also play out of a vox valvetronix if that makes any difference.