Hey I have been searching for bands that play in Drop C. I notice a lot of times people don't even include bands I like I'm hoping to find more to learn harder songs from.

Bands I like and can play songs from that use drop c = The Air I breathe, The Faceless, Born of Osiris, Darkest Hour, & some Children of Bodom.

Other bands I've heard use drop C = System of a Down, Mudvayne, Metallica(st. Anger aside from one song), New Ozzy(?), Shadows Fall, Bullet for my Valentine, Killswitch Engage, and Atreyu.

Can anyone give me some more that aren't listed here? Preferably Intermediate / Advanced. Thanks!
Carvin V3 Halfstack (Vintage 30's),
Line 6 pod XT
B.C. Rich Platinum pro BICH(EMG 81,85)
Ibanez S 5470
Ibanez RG 570
check out protest the hero and august burns red
GUITARS:
PRS Semi-Hollow Custom SE

Amps:
Peavey Ranger 2x12 Twin Killer

Quote by MrFlibble
Quote by IronMaiden76
Meh. Looks like an SE to me.
Well, thanks for confirming you know absolutely nothing about PRS guitars.
Awesome! So fast!! I like both of those bands I didn't even realize they played in drop C. Thanks!
Line 6 pod XT
Ibanez S 5470
Ibanez RG 570
Quote by D3MONC
Hey I have been searching for bands that play in Drop C. I notice a lot of times people don't even include bands I like I'm hoping to find more to learn harder songs from.

Bands I like and can play songs from that use drop c = The Air I breathe, The Faceless, Born of Osiris, Darkest Hour, & some Children of Bodom.

Other bands I've heard use drop C = System of a Down, Mudvayne, Metallica(st. Anger aside from one song), New Ozzy(?), Shadows Fall, Bullet for my Valentine, Killswitch Engage, and Atreyu.

Can anyone give me some more that aren't listed here? Preferably Intermediate / Advanced. Thanks!

Lulz.

If you're really into getting serious at guitar, play some Vai, Joe and other instrumental guitarists' music.
I know Born Of Osiris switched it up to 7 strings in Drop G, but that's only their new stuff. As I Lay Dying uses Drop C.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by Zeletros
Lulz.

If you're really into getting serious at guitar, play some Vai, Joe and other instrumental guitarists' music.

I do, I play a lot of Paul Gilbert, Al Di Meola, and John Petrucci jamz. I don't like Vai or Satch at all. Thanks for not helping. (Edit: I do know Bad Horsie is in Drop C which is a Vai song.)
Line 6 pod XT
Ibanez S 5470
Ibanez RG 570
Last edited by D3MONC at Sep 12, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
Lulz.

I know that they are all phenomenal guitarists, but if TS doesn't like those guys, there is no sense in trying to learn their stuff. If anything I'd glance at some of the tabs for Satriani, since you might want to learn some of his techniques to become real versatile. But if you are just looking for the same old jaw dropping techniques, the younger guys from Born Of Osiris have really got my attention. These guys are 20 or so, and perform these insane solos, and have great rhythm for their genre. Saw them live, they performed a harmonized solo and I was just...boggled.

Obviously there are more talented instrumental guitarists, but it has to do with taste. If the instrumental stuff doesn't suit you, don't bend your back to learn it. Learn what you like.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Here are some bands that come to mind along with songs.
August Burns Red - An American Dream, Meddler
Bullet for my Valentine - The End, Your Betrayal
As I Lay Dying - Meaning in Tragedy, Sound of Truth, Anger and Apathy
Killswitch Engage - A Bid Farewall, Reject Yourself
Thrice - Blood Clots and Black Holes
Jackson Soloist SL3
Line 6 HD147
Vintage Celestion 30 &
Celestion G12H anniversary
Sound Of Truth is actually in Drop D. I don't know why they did that, seeing as it's their only song in Drop D.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Some of Periphery's material is in drop C... like 'All New Materials'.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Definitely not hard to play, but all of Deftones' "White Pony" is drop C. Mudvayne post LD 50 is drop C as well.

Ill Niño as well, and Disturbed 10,000 fists and beyond. Breaking Benjamin's "We Are Not Alone."
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Sep 12, 2011,
Quote by xCaLeBx1225
check out protest the hero and august burns red

The hell? PtH is Eb standard

Shadows Fall has some fun stuff in Drop C. If you up to D standard, Symphony X is a good band to humble you and make you work for a song.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Thanks all for your reply's my list is growing nicely. I also know Misery Signals and Daath play in drop C.
Line 6 pod XT
Ibanez S 5470
Ibanez RG 570
Quote by MattAnderson111
Sound Of Truth is actually in Drop D. I don't know why they did that, seeing as it's their only song in Drop D.

Well damn! Sound of Truth is still a great song. BTW, I see your avatar All Shall Perish. They don't play Drop C I presume?
Another band I forgot is Atreyu (not sure if their newer stuff is Drop C but older stuff for sure).
Jackson Soloist SL3
Line 6 HD147
Vintage Celestion 30 &
Celestion G12H anniversary
Quote by mega d
Well damn! Sound of Truth is still a great song. BTW, I see your avatar All Shall Perish. They don't play Drop C I presume?
Another band I forgot is Atreyu (not sure if their newer stuff is Drop C but older stuff for sure).

ASP plays in Drop B I believe or I think Chris Storey did. I don't know what they play in now with Francesco(sp?).
Line 6 pod XT
Ibanez S 5470
Ibanez RG 570
Quote by Hail
The hell? PtH is Eb standard

Shadows Fall has some fun stuff in Drop C. If you up to D standard, Symphony X is a good band to humble you and make you work for a song.

Heretics and Killers, from Kezia, is in drop C. I think a couple other songs from Kezia are drop C as well, but their newer stuff is in flat Standard.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by muse-ik
Heretics and Killers, from Kezia, is in drop C. I think a couple other songs from Kezia are drop C as well, but their newer stuff is in flat Standard.

It's actually in drop C#. They only played in drop C# on a few songs on Kezia anyway. Otherwise, it has always been Eb standard.

August Burns Red has some good stuff in drop C though. Shame you already mentioned The Faceless.
WE ARE HERE TO MAKE COFFEE METAL. WE WILL MAKE EVERYTHING METAL. BLACKER THAN THE BLACKEST BLACK TIMES INFINITY.
Last edited by fleshoracle at Sep 13, 2011,
yeah I was referring mostly to the Kezia stuff....didn't know it was C# but still.....close enough lol. just tune it a lil and you're there. Also people like In Flames and trivium as well as underoath. granted all of their songs might not be in C but I know at least some are
GUITARS:

Amps:

Quote by MrFlibble
Quote by IronMaiden76
Quote by Zeletros
Lulz.

Obvious troll is obvious!

X2 for As I Lay Dying and August Burns Red

They both use some specific songwriting, the "older" ABR are realy fun to play!
Quote by xCaLeBx1225
yeah I was referring mostly to the Kezia stuff....didn't know it was C# but still.....close enough lol. just tune it a lil and you're there. Also people like In Flames and trivium as well as underoath. granted all of their songs might not be in C but I know at least some are

There is not a single In Flames song in Drop C. And I think the same goes for Trivium, though I'm not sure about In Waves.
As you mentioned Daath is really good to learn if you want to challenge yourself. Gojira also has a couple of tunes in Drop C if you want to work on your rythm chops. And if you're ok with tuning up to D Standard, Necrophagist presents a nice challenge
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
^ I thought Daath was in c standard?? idk

I was going to say All new Materials by Periphery but was beaten to it.

ummmmm you could learn Design the Skyline lololololololololololool
I the Breather, August Burns Red, and In the Midst of Lions all play in Drop C and they're rather challenging, ABR and Midst of Lions being the most. Pretty much any metalcore/hardcore/some deathcore bands will play in that tuning.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Scars On Broadway.

Drop C#, just like System's last 2 albums.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Devildriver, Cradle of Filth, Rob Zombie (some), and some Breaking Benjamin.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by fantasyh
There is not a single In Flames song in Drop C. And I think the same goes for Trivium, though I'm not sure about In Waves.

Quote by xCaLeBx1225
granted all of their songs might not be in C but I know at least some are

also I'm grouping drop C# with drop C just because it's close so he shouldn't have a problem just changing the tuning a wee bit
GUITARS:

Amps:

Quote by MrFlibble
Quote by IronMaiden76
Thanks yet again for all your input people, good submissions. I believe braindrill is C# I do love them though they also go through a lot of guitarists so it could change a lot. Also Chimaira plays in drop C and Job For A Cowboy...
Line 6 pod XT
Ibanez S 5470
Ibanez RG 570
Quote by D3MONC
Thanks yet again for all your input people, good submissions. I believe braindrill is C# I do love them though they also go through a lot of guitarists so it could change a lot. Also Chimaira plays in drop C and Job For A Cowboy...

What? I believe the same guy has been playing guitar for them since they started. And he told he himself that they play in drop C.
Periphery, Love that shit.

Buttersnips, Insomnia, All new materials, Jetpacks was yes!
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Protest uses Drop C# for Heretics and Killers, but otherwise Eb standard

Mastodon uses drop C (Oblivion), as well as drop A and D standard

The Human Abstract uses it also (Vela, Together we await the storm)
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Machine Head pretty much play all their songs in drop C, check them out, their ability to make music is outstanding.
Children Of Bodon, a couple of Edguy and Avantasia songs, Breakin Benjamin (but they also have songs in drop B and drop Bb), some early Poisonblack songs.