Can anyone recommend some fairly easy slide guitar songs that sound good on an acoustic guitar for a beginner slide player? Thanks
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Virtually the entire catalogue of Delta blues songs can be played this way.....
I just got a slide and I play a hass asses version of Feel like Going home by Muddy Waters. Its right on google.
If you like the Black Crowes, Rich Robinson uses Open G with a slide quite a bit. There are plenty of solid tabs for that right here on UG.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Rolling Stones? Happy or You Got the Silver are both open G slide I think, and Happy sounds good even if (like me) you suck at slide.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by Jazz Funeral
If you like the Black Crowes, Rich Robinson uses Open G with a slide quite a bit. There are plenty of solid tabs for that right here on UG.

I'm a huge Black Crowes fan, actually. I'm looking for something acoustic mostly, however. Their new album that's all acoustic has some good ones, I'm looking at Morning Song right now.
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W
^ Right on. You'll need a capo for some of those, but you probably have one anyhow...

Most songs translate to acoustic pretty well. Actually, a lot of electric tunes are born acoustically in the first place...

Oh, and if you think of it, feel free to thank BrainDamage over in the Classic Rock Forum. I know he's responsible for most of those tabs.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Art Vandalay
Ain't No Rest For the Wicked by Cage the Elephant. Easy and a badass song

Already know that one, haha.
My Gear:
Vox Night Train 15W