Poll: Should I do it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I do it?
Yes!
24 77%
...I don't think so
7 23%
Voters: 31.
I am very involved in the radio station at my university, and recently I applied to be the metal music director (i would pretty much be in charge of bringing new metal into the station, keeping track of what gets the most plays, getting DJ's to review CD's, etc.). today I got the phone call saying that they picked someone else, but they offered me a similar position, except i'd be in charge of world and jazz music.

i'm not sure whether i should go for it or not. on one hand, it's a position with responsibilities that would help me out later in life, and the workload is supposedly not as heavy compared to other genres. on the other hand, i don't really listen to that much world OR jazz. i have a couple of john coltrane and miles davis albums, but my knowledge of jazz doesn't extend far beyond that. i'm not sure if i would be cut out for it.

so what does the hivemind of the pit think? should i go for it?
Go Veg.
Jazz isn't metal, therefore it sucks. Tell em to stick their thumb up their bums.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'd say go for it.

It's not like you actually have to sit there and listen to all the music anyway, just know what it is.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Obviously do it. There's loads of great new jazz and world music out there. I'd just playlist whatever Gilles Peterson is playing haha
Quote by macaroni
Do it, and play metal that has jazz in it.

Kiliminjaro Darkjazz Ensemble?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Kiliminjaro Darkjazz Ensemble?

Bohren & Der Club Of Gore would be better. It's the heaviest music in the world without distortion or atonality.