Hey guys..so i was restringing my guitar ****ed it up snapped strings...lucky for me my friend gave me those, so im actaully guna go outt and but proper strings now.

i play music like
blink 182
greenday
and right now im just tyrying to learn bar chords and open chords
in short im a pop punker.

can anyone suggest wat kind of strings i can get and how much they will set me back
thanks
I play some pop punk, and I use D'Addario .011-.049, the ones that say Blues/Jazz rock on them, I just like the way they feel. I know Billy Martin of Good Charlotte uses D'Addario, I dunno what gauge though.
Oh and here in Aus they're $25 fo 3 sets
if you like tight strings 11s if not go 10s or 9s they both rock D'Addario strings are fresh
if your just starteding, i would get .009 gauge strings.

they'll be looser and therefore easier to fret things

that'll be handy when your learning to play barre chords clean
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies. The high strings are thin enough that they won't hurt your fingers but the low ones are thick enough to bring out power chords better.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies. The high strings are thin enough that they won't hurt your fingers but the low ones are thick enough to bring out power chords better.
This.
Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies are my choice. Doesn't really matter too much though. All strings are made in pretty much the same way, out of the same stuff.
My only no-no is Rotosound. Worst strings ever made.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb
Laney VC15
Cabs:
2x Blackheart 1x12
Guitar:
PRS SE Soapbar II
Pedalboard:
Line 6 M13, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Digitech Synth Wah, Boss SD-1, Biyang OD-8 (Tubescreamer Clone)
Band:
Fixtures <<Click Here
Quote by evening_crow

THIS +2

The thicker the bottom end, the fuller your power chords will sound*

(*unless of course u do something stupid like 13 - 64 gauge strings.)

10 - 52 is the tits
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Always start with 9s. When you get better and stronger you can try something else and realise why they are better!!
I'm using 10-52 for pretty much everything right now. then again, I just tune to Drop D. I mainly play pop punk like The Wonder Years and Veara and Hit The Lights, so it's a bit different (opposite side of the pop punk spectrum compared to blink and green day)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"