Hi again...

Some while ago i posted here that i was having a little trouble with my Jackson DKMG, because the B string was buzzing...

Some guys said that i should raise the action...

Well, i raised the action a bit and it solved the buzz on the higher frets (12 and higher) on the B string...

However it buzzes on the lower frets, even an open B buzzes...

What could it be?

Thank you all for your answers.

I really appreciate your help
adjust the truss rod
"It turns out you can just buy phycological validation"-Nathan Explosion

If your asking questions about this problem on a forum, obviously your understanding of the instrument isnt so comprehensive so my advice to you would be to take it to a professional and have it set up properly.

I dont mean to sound rude or arrogant, but truss rod adjustment should be done by someone with experience and knowledge.
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Sorry for asking this, but i've never adjusted a truss rod...

Which way should i turn it? Clockwise or counter-clock wise?

Also it's weird that only the B string buzzes... If it was the neck i presume that all strings would buzz, especially the bottom ones...Am I correct?

Thanks for your help DeadRed ^^
There can be few different things causing the buzz.

Neck bow or twist - Since it is just the B string and not the E too I have a feeling that this isn't the problem but you can check for it anyway by looking down the neck (from each end) any twist or bow will be discernable.

A Raised fret - If it buzzes on more than one fret then this isn't the problem, you can check this by putting a long straight edge lengthwise along the neck, a fret that sticks up higher than the rest will be very apparent.

Nut is too low or the channel is worn or cut too deep in the nut - If I had to bet on one thing this would be it. Check by holding the guitar flat with the frets facing up, with the guitar perpendicular to you sight along the first fret under the strings, you should be able to see a gap about the width of a thick guitar pick (or alittle more) If you can't slide a thick width pick between the string and the fret without it hit both then the string is riding too low.

If this is the problem then you will have to replace the nut, it's a pretty easy DIY project, use a hair dryer to heat the nut then knock it out with a nail set and a hammer, I believe there is a vidio on the Stewart Mac (It may have been a Dan Erlewine vidio that I'm thinking of) website showing how to do this. They also show how to install and file a new one. When you go to glue it in just use Elmers plain white glue, it makes it easier if you ever want to remove it again.

Hope this helps.
The truss adjustment can be either way. it depends on which way and how warped the neck is. is it twisted at all? a phot maybe?????

Quote by gregs1020

I have to disagree with the trussrod comments, if that were the case the G or the E strings would be buzzing too.
Same problem happened to me,with my Jack and Danny. Buzzing on lower frets,just take it to guitar shop,say whats your problems,they should know whats wrong from one look. God knows what other problems u have on guitar and u dont even know.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
I have to disagree with the trussrod comments, if that were the case the G or the E strings would be buzzing too.

maybe....

The neck might need a bit of fret work too?

TAKE IT TO A PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020

I always advise people that the best way to learn about your guitar is work on it yourself (although I wouldn't recomend your first repair job be on a 3 grand guitar), there is nothing complicated about adjusting or repairing electric guitars with many of repairs no harder than changing strings.

On the other hand I also like people that don't want to learn because they have to take it to me, and I charge $65.00. for a nut replacement. ; )
Well I have some experience doing these things on my 150€ strat rip-off, but i don't want to risk doing something bad on my Jackson...

So I think I'm going to take it to a luthier and see if he finds the problem...

Thank you all for your comments, I really enjoy your availability to help me in my problems
It could be either the truss rod or the intonation. Rather then experiment with it and make it worse, spend some extra cash and bring it to a pro ( Guitar Center doesn't count ) and have a proper setup and intonation check done on it. Trust me, you won't regret it.