Hey all =]

So after moving house and all the unpacking of boxes and the like, I finally managed to check out the local music shop (Giggear, huge place, walls full of guitars and amps, the like)

I was actually after the squire Jazzmaster or the Jaguar they had on their website and last time I went in there, but they'd been sold the day before.. So I thought ah well, I'll have a look around and see what's happening.

Looking through the teles, I saw this..

Played on it for about 5 seconds, and I knew I had to have it.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong about this.. But I believe it's a Fender Standard Telecaster. It's MIM, as it says on the headstock, but I know nothing about what's what in Fenders.

Cost me £250, as it was second hand, and also this colour had been discontinued in 2005, so I would say it's reasonably rareish, so a pretty good deal I thought

As for the sound, it's exactly what I was looking for really. I've only ever owned one single coil guitar, and it's pretty useless tbh, so I was a little warey, but the sound is amazing really, everything I wanted in a guitar that I'm gonna use for everything but metal

one more pic, just to spoil you

the whole family
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Nice one MIM's are bang for buck.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was talking to a luthier the other day and he was Teleing me (doh, bad pun) that Fender MIMs are manufactured in the US and just assembled in the Mexico factory.

Take that as you will. I love Teles.

HNGD!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
That's a gorgeous Tele. HNGD!!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Poglia
Nice, but I prefer your RR3. HNGD!

well i love both more than the other one tbh i just wanted a guitar for everything other than metal, seeing as that's all the RR3 does well.. and i got even more than i was expecting

Quote by LaidBack
I was talking to a luthier the other day and he was Teleing me (doh, bad pun) that Fender MIMs are manufactured in the US and just assembled in the Mexico factory.

Take that as you will. I love Teles.

HNGD!

well if they're made in the US, then that's probably a good thing, so I'm not fussed, but either way I think I got a great guitar for the price
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Last edited by Unholy.Daemon at Sep 13, 2011,
Quote by LaidBack
I was talking to a luthier the other day and he was Teleing me (doh, bad pun)

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
well if they're made in the US, then that's probably a good thing, so I'm not fussed, but either was I think I got a great guitar for the price

That's all that matters!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals