Sorry for my poor English, but, I'm having a lot of issues recording the things that we play with my band at the studio ( how do you call it? the place where you pay to rehearse?)

We used a Nikon L70, and the results are OK I guess, but it lacks of audio definition and it kinds of distorts sometimes...

Take a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxqKypu2rXs
How could I record the same but with better quality?
Where do i place the camera?
If you need it, i could make like a drawing of the disposition of speakers and amps so that you get to select the place.

Thanks for your help, im such a noob!

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
I'm willing to bet the Armenians in this forum will not help you out
The symphonizer
I'm Armenian.
Don't quite understand what you mean.

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
He's just joking, don't pay much attention to it.
Well, I read your post twice and don't actually get the problem.
You have a Nikon N70 camera, right?

Video

So what you want, the record better quality of video or a sound?
If you talk about a video, then I don't know, I've never used a Nikon cameras, especially if talk about N70 model, but i think the usage of photo camera in the case when you want to receive a good quality video is not a excellent idea.

Sound
If that, what you've talked about were sound, then, I think, there's no big matter where did you actually place your camera. Cause no matter how do you set the camera, you will get the exact 'shitty' sound. Cause it's all about microphones, that modern cameras uses, and no bigger then that.

Solution
So, the better decision, that you can make, if you want to record an video clip of your band playing in the rehearsal spot with an average quality of sound, is to record video and sound apart. Or just re-record the sound in line on some audio carrier (tape, compact disk, or a computer) and lay it upon your video.
That's the most simplest way that I see can help you
Last edited by PavelD at Sep 13, 2011,
Thanks man, I was supposing that it was going to be the only way, to record in different layers video and audio.
Thanks for your time!!

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
I was just joking
According to my armenian friends, Ararat is a mountain where the genocide occurred. So I thought you were turkish

To not seem that counter productive , I'm going to contribute to this topic by saying that synchronization is probably the best method I know.

Like the other poster said, record yourself with a cam, and meanwhile get an multitracker to record the whole band. Then replace the sound with the recording
The symphonizer
Last edited by Sympho at Sep 13, 2011,
Hey Sympho, that's not quite right.
Here, take a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

On topic, I would like to know which software could i use to perform such task.
I use Audacity for recording, but no idea which soft to use to change video's audio with other audio...
Any recommendations?

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Sure. You can use Pinnacle Studio, or Windows Movie Maker, or Virtual dub software. Sony Vegas can help as well.
Quote by PavelD
Sure. You can use Pinnacle Studio, or Windows Movie Maker, or Virtual dub software. Sony Vegas can help as well.

How about:
-Video Editing: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 & Adobe After FX
-Audio Editing: Adobe Audition 3.0

What do you think about using those?
I'm at work atm, but, do you think I could learn to use those tools? (I mean, I'm not a complete noob in Audio recording, but not very wise at it neither)

Thanks for your time..

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Those programs you listed, is a very good choice, basically. Even if you are not a professional, you would easily get into this.
Thanks guys!
I finally got to record this weekend with the tascam and the condenser mic, and Im happy how things are turning to be...

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Just to let you know, I got to record the rehearsal using my Nikon Cam.
As it turns out, the volume of the amps was too high.

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII