Hey there,

I'm planning to buy a new guitar and amplifier because my old ones are not really good anymore. But I don't know what amplifier to buy. The guitar i want to guy is a fender blacktop stratocaster.

I like to play songs from artists as: Queen, John Mayer, Muse

I hope you guys can give me some advice

thx
Vox AC30C2 if you have the money - $999 (its the full name of there current ac30 models) otherwise you could get the Vox AC15 - $650 (nearly the same but 15 watts instead of 30) or the Vox AC30VR - $550 (its the ac30 but without top boost and with eq controls and it has valve reactor technology instead of normal tube - its a tube with a solid state compresser inside or something. its still a great tone but not as good.
the correct answer is vintage tube amplifier. if youre on a budget try a silvertone 1484 or 1482. if skys the limit get an old vox or fender.
The ac15s and ac30s are very different amps.

What ive heard of the new ones, ac15c1s are much more well regarded than the ac30c2s.

Try get the 15.
Muse + shitload of money = Diezel VH4. That amp is versatile enough to play Queen and Mayer perfectly.

No shitload of money: get the VOX these people recommended. Damn good amp for rock and hard rock.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'd Like to spend around 500 or 600 euro's on it.
I don't really care if it's used or new I just want it to work, and it's mostly for home but it would be nice if it can handle a gig too I live in the netherlands so closest big city is amsterdam. My current Amplifier is a Carlsbro KICKSTART 25. Which is absolutely terrible.

I'll check out the AC amps.
There probably won't be an amplifier that does all three of those bands type sounds well. You'd probably get one sound, and be mediocre at the other two. I think the ac30 suggestions are for Brian may's sound. For John Mayer you'd be going for a fender style clean amp with a decent overdrive/distortion pedal. Marshall bluesbreaker would be nice. For muse idk, you'd have to listen to some other suggestions for that.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Vox AC-30 or AC-15. All three of those artists have been known to use Vox amps if I'm not mistaken, so you know it'll at least be voiced right. Good luck
Quote by Zealouss
I'd Like to spend around 500 or 600 euro's on it.
I don't really care if it's used or new I just want it to work, and it's mostly for home but it would be nice if it can handle a gig too I live in the netherlands so closest big city is amsterdam. My current Amplifier is a Carlsbro KICKSTART 25. Which is absolutely terrible.

I'll check out the AC amps.

Try to go to feedback in rotterdam, it's really usefull.

Test as many amps as possible....

also: http://muziek.marktplaats.nl/versterkers-bas-en-gitaar/480783261-vox-ac30-cch-head-plus-cabinet-4x12-ruil.html?return=eJwtjEEOgjAQRe9iAktoiwRT0hhcewJ3TVtDQ6ETpijReHen0c3M%2B39eRksu316yHiXvOnlAp1cz9mNKIOt6iuCWatbrlCBonbBaQv1TKhjhvAfFS4sqxaIZeNFcAo2hEydC6wlzlWi%2FPBDi3eJfhNwygpkOw7LNbvWG4vSk%2BIh7IVrBtGmyEjG%2FEiXAplgJEZOJ1qmWHdvb9dB%2Fvr1LPDE%3D&df=1&fta=eNotj1tuwyAQRfeCVH8DfjIj76DqAvpjYQ9OUXFAATtWo%2By9kPbvSHd0zx0NPTwiDMD2m5sO7SLDCKoFdrpRVBTH5EGgE9DLAckCugQ%2FNmBcKeYgJOC4Bbjum7nZBb%2FvcPjzTXK91Bx9tCCrEPaRV8HHtHgyY8ub9vO9aBpgQV8MQ5ubItTALL38vQBWz2odhOHnH9B6ikUPclaUgTrF6zlDN69CqQJ86KjJIFVPSz7WHZneiFIncnPyQVOcnLle0lcxyvInsE2fUxmRvfRaIYHpO8OPfzwYauDweD5%2FAaQWXEU%3D&fta_ind=3&fs=1 maybe
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by king bun bun
the correct answer is vintage tube amplifier. if youre on a budget try a silvertone 1484 or 1482. if skys the limit get an old vox or fender.

Silvertone? Really? A cardboard amp made on the cheap for Sears? If Jack White didn't use one to get his god-awful sound they'd still be worth $20 in pawn shops. They were rubbish when they were made and are still rubbish today. Sometimes old doesn't mean good.

TS, if you want real advice instead of all this pissing in the wind go here and come back with the answers to the questions it says we need answered.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification