Hey guys, I want to know what kind of prices will a Maxon OD808 from 1976 fetch today. One of my company's directors has one and is looking to offload it, I thought it'd be cool to own it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Sep 13, 2011,
it's an Ibanez right? i think in nice shape they are going for around $250-300. check ebay. of course for that money you might be better off buying a new one with the same specs.
Well Maxon OEMed for Ibanez, but this particular pedal is a Maxon. By rights it's all the same but for the name, though there is some talk that the Maxon pedals used higher quality components than the Ibanez ones.

I suppose it's not so much about the pedal, but rather just to own one TS from the early years. I've already got a NOC3 Pure Drive which is a suup ed booteq TS, so I don't "need" a TS per SE.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
looked on ebay and a guy has one for $389. i don't think they used better parts though i'm pretty sure it's the same pedal as the Ibby.

having the old pedals is cool but they do get old and stop working. i still have my old Tubescreamer but it finally crapped out on me a couple of months ago. personally i dumped most of my vintage fx a couple of years ago. you can get reissues that are often better than the originals and of course thee are some way better sounding pedals out there as well.
Grab it, check the guts for bad parts and swap anything that is worn out.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by monwobobbo
looked on ebay and a guy has one for $389. i don't think they used better parts though i'm pretty sure it's the same pedal as the Ibby.

having the old pedals is cool but they do get old and stop working. i still have my old Tubescreamer but it finally crapped out on me a couple of months ago. personally i dumped most of my vintage fx a couple of years ago. you can get reissues that are often better than the originals and of course thee are some way better sounding pedals out there as well.

But considering that you can replace every component for about $20 does it matter? Just fix it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification