so heres a preview video of what windows 8 will be on a tablet

http://gizmodo.com/5839665/windows-8-slate-hands-on-its-fantastic-but-dont-sell-your-ipad

it actually looks exceptionally intuitive to me, ive always thought tablets are completely useless (which i still think this is so far however) but if there are full blown apps on a tablet, it could be exceptionally useful, especially with keyboards and mouses being built in natively for use.

what do you think of it?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
^What he said.

This would be insanely awesome on a touchscreen PC though.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Personally the only thing that would appeal to me about a tablet is if it had a firewire connection so you could plug it in to mixing desks and record a mutlitrack output.
And also if it had massively high definition speakers.
Quote by Casketcreep
Personally the only thing that would appeal to me about a tablet is if it had a firewire connection so you could plug it in to mixing desks and record a mutlitrack output.
And also if it had massively high definition speakers.

A friend of mine does that.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Article
Windows 8 is a complete re-think of Windows (and holy Moses did it need one because Windows 7 was a bad idea).

I think the article is full of shit.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Oh cool, now we know what the iPad 5 is gonna be like!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Oh cool, now we know what the iPad 5 is gonna be like!

with plenty of android additions as well

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Vampire 255

Haha, yeah.
I like Windows 7. It's the closest thing to XP. It's not all bad at all.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Vampire 255

oh yeah, forgot to add disclaimer, gizmodo is 110% apple die-hards

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
It feels a little more like a touch-based mask just plastered on top of Win7. Don't get me wrong, I like Win7.. but there are a few important aspects of 7 that I'd like to see changed and streamlined, and with all this tablet stuff distracting them I doubt the normal desktop (the thing you will be using almost all the time) has improved in any way.

I want to see a totally revised and simplified control-panel system (including the customizing options within), a revised start-menu and less ugly graphics for windows themselves.
Quote by vitchb
It feels a little more like a touch-based mask just plastered on top of Win7. Don't get me wrong, I like Win7.. but there are a few important aspects of 7 that I'd like to see changed and streamlined, and with all this tablet stuff distracting them I doubt the normal desktop (the thing you will be using almost all the time) has improved in any way.

I want to see a totally revised and simplified control-panel system (including the customizing options within), a revised start-menu and less ugly graphics for windows themselves.

the three things you want to see have been confirmed to be changed (well graphics are debatable i guess)

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
the three things you want to see have been confirmed to be changed (well graphics are debatable i guess)

Where did you hear that? All the info I can get on W8 is all this touchy stuff
Quote by SG_dave
Can't say I care for tablets. I don't see the draw to them over laptops.

They're too bulky for proper portable use like a smartphone, but less functional than a PC it seems.

There's an intuitiveness to them that's good for people who don't normally use computers, like old people and such. Using a mouse and keyboard is incredibly cumbersome if you've not done it before, out generation just don't realise because we grew up with it. Other than that I don't see the draw either.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by vitchb
Where did you hear that? All the info I can get on W8 is all this touchy stuff

the control panel change is shown in a video i saw earlier and i have read about the changed file system and file browsing which is similar id assume

http://www.winrumors.com/windows-8-classic-desktop-features-video/
shows the changed start menu, which is a little confusing as the UI is a hybrid of 8 and 7

the icons change with every windows upgrade so i guess that one isnt confirmed

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Ur all $h1t
There's an intuitiveness to them that's good for people who don't normally use computers, like old people and such. Using a mouse and keyboard is incredibly cumbersome if you've not done it before, out generation just don't realise because we grew up with it. Other than that I don't see the draw either.

See that's the thing. It may be useful for those who are growing up with this tech and those who never got used to M&K. But because I liced with M&K for the past 20 years I just can't get my head around how some of these swiping motion things are intuitive. Like the resizing of images on iPhones etc. They make no sense to me.
Quote by Vampire 255

Very much this.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
It looks alright. I don't like the panel interface, but at least it's cleaner than Android.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It looks alright. I don't like the panel interface, but at least it's cleaner than Android.

you can use the normal windows taskbar interface if thats what you prefer

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
you can use the normal windows taskbar interface if thats what you prefer

Well, on the desktop, definitely. It just doesn't make sense to have the panels like that on a nontouch interface. I really wish they stop trying to do one-size-fit-all interfaces. Same thing with OSX Lion. They have an App layout identical to the iOS and it's just retarded.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, on the desktop, definitely. It just doesn't make sense to have the panels like that on a nontouch interface. I really wish they stop trying to do one-size-fit-all interfaces. Same thing with OSX Lion. They have an App layout identical to the iOS and it's just retarded.

normally id agree, except for the existence of the asus transformer and how perfect something like that could be with the new windows

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by creelers
Don't know if anyone in here will actually be interested, but you can get the Windows 8 developer preview now from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/home/

installing on my old laptop right now

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I only use windows because of the abundance of software.

Gimme Linux.

Edit: Oh yeah, on topic. I don't see windows 7 as needing any improvements
Last edited by W4RP1G at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
normally id agree, except for the existence of the asus transformer and how perfect something like that could be with the new windows

But that's the thing. It's a touchpad. I'd still go for the taskbar interface on my desktop and laptop.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
But that's the thing. It's a touchpad. I'd still go for the taskbar interface on my desktop and laptop.

the transformer is a tablet/laptop hybrid depending on whether you have the keyboard on or not.

in other words what i am saying is, when its in tablet form id want the "metro" interface, and when i have it in the dock, id want traditionally taskbar. Best of both worlds in that sense.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO