Yay more fret buzz noobs!

Ok i get no buzz when I'm in any tuning but when i go into drop c i get that nasty rattle when I hit that open C and some small buzzing on a few frets but i wanna know how I can fix it. I don't wanna raise the action because i prefer low action.

Perhaps its my guitar? Strings?
The strings are obviously too loose.
Avoid drop tunings like that or get a new pack of strings.
12's would work I guess.
I use 11's right now and was planning on trying 12s next.

But is there a specific brand i should use? I've been using ernie ball and I've never had the problem with the fret buzzin until i started using heavier strings.
You could also raise your action, then adjust your intonation to compensate.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
dont listen to the guy above, even with a biggerguage u get buzz and worse is the bending on thicker strings if your used to thinner ones. besides getting a new pack of strings will brighten up buzzing. just allow time to go by. i have noticed on my nephews 2 year old stringset he still has on has practicaly no buzzing now since it had buzzing at the time he put it up. stay at drop c if u like it. P.S bigger guage does mean a better tone, but badside is playability, playability is bigger than tone for improving
Its not true...
I play in drop C, but use really light strings, and it doesn't rattle, so you can't always blame it on the string gauge. I'd say play around with your action, and fix intonation to compensate, as Vypor suggested
Well i can't tell you how many adjustments I've done for the buzzing and to fix the tone but the action is TOO high when i adjust it to get rid of the buzz. Its a little uncomfortable. As stated before i prefer the low action.

And i believe the strings i bought the guitar with were under 9gauge size strings, low action and when i dropped into C it was perfect still. No buzz except for maybe 12th fret. This problem didn't occur until i went to 10s i believe.
Just keep the buzz. Mine buzzes a bit with 10s on a lot of tunings if it's high on the fretboard, but it's not like that buzz is miked or anything.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Quote by Darkness in Zero
perhaps the strings are too big and are ringing in the nut? just a thought...

Nah its definitely a fret buzz
Have you check the neck relief yet? You might have to adjust the truss rod for proper neck relief.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Have you check the neck relief yet? You might have to adjust the truss rod for proper neck relief.

Sure haven't. I've only made one adjustment but that was when i bought it. And to be honest i don't know how to make adjustments to the neck. I mean i know how, but idk if its correct or not lol. Damn my noobishness.
Well, basically different tuning will result in different tension to the neck and the truss rod need to be adjusted if you want to have as low as possible action without or little fret buzz. Just google "electric guitar truss rod adjustment" and read for yourself.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Yea i adjusted the truss rod and its perfect. Exactly how i wanted it to be. Minimized the buzz and i get to keep the low action. thanks a lot!
yeah but with dropped tuning you lose string tension - so bigger strings dont really matter. i mean if you go from 9s to 13s ok. but but 10s in standard are probably 12s in dropped. probably not even. it all depends on your scale length and setup.

If your playing on a 24.75 scale, its tough. most uitars with really low dropped tuning are longer scale ie - 25.5 or even baritone. a lot of 7 and 8 strings are crazy long length.

You really need a good setup to put a 24.75 below drop C. Definitely not something that happens overnight from standard tuning.

on the other hand, i have a 24.75 and did a drop C with 10 heavy bottoms (10-52s) and raised the bridge. with a soft touch i got no buzz. with heavy distortion is kinda didnt matter. if i was clean and i picked hard, i might get some. i had to be carefull not to rape my strings.
Last edited by ikey_ at Sep 13, 2011,
Quote by robquest
Yea i adjusted the truss rod and its perfect. Exactly how i wanted it to be. Minimized the buzz and i get to keep the low action. thanks a lot!

Remember the neck can only takes a certain amount of relief. Overdo it and you might break the truss rod, worse yet break the neck itself.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R