Hi everyone, I've looked around the internet for opinions on the two guitars I'm looking at right now, but because they're different I've never seen a direct comparison.

I'm looking at an Ibanez RG3EXFM1 6 string or an Ibanez RG7321 7 string.

They're both the same price at $400, which is pretty much the max for my budget right now.

Both guitars get decent reviews so I figured I couldn't really go wrong with either, but I just want to know if one is better than another. I was looking at an 8 string before from Schecter (I think its the Omen 8) in the same price range, but most people told me an 8 string at that price range wouldn't be very good. I didn't know if the same logic might apply to a 7 string.

If the Omen 8 is any good I might end up just going with that.

As you can probably guess I mostly play metal and I do everything through Amplitube 3 including live shows. I don't know if anyone here has any knowledge of it, but I'm looking for some pickups that generally work well with amp modeling. I was looking at the Duncan Invaders but someone told me the output for them is too hot for most D.I's/amp modelers...which seems to contradict what I've heard about amp modelers wanted a hot signal.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
What do you prefer to play on?
If you listen to bands that play 7s and you wanna write on a 7, buy a 7.
If you listen to bands that play 6s and you wanna write on a 6, buy a 6.
If you listen to bands that play 8s and you wanna write on an 7, buy an 8.
As soon as I got my first 7-string, I knew that I always wanted to keep playing 7s (or Baritones or 8s) forever. That's just my opinion.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Darkness in Zero
What do you prefer to play on?
If you listen to bands that play 7s and you wanna write on a 7, buy a 7.
If you listen to bands that play 6s and you wanna write on a 6, buy a 6.
If you listen to bands that play 8s and you wanna write on an 7, buy an 8.

This, but also, if you're not sure, buy an 8
Well, I listen to bands that play on all 3. I've never played on an 8 string before, but I've always thought it would be fun.

Obviously if I bought an 8 string, I would subsequently also have a 7 and a 6 string. What I want to know is: since the guitars are all the same price, are any better than another? I've read the Omen 8 needed a little more work than the Ibanez's, but thats not really an issue. As long as the electronics, nut, bridge, etc. are solid I'm good.