I bought a used Ibanez for $200 at guitar center. I'm not sure what model it is, so I'll describe it, and maybe you will know. It's white, with black bindings, 24 frets, and 2 humbuckers. It has a 5-way switch that could split the humbuckers. The G string has a HORRIBLE buzz across the open, and every fretted note, and at the higher frets, the intonation starts getting off, unless I tune all the way down to C standard. These strings are 11s by the way. The truss rod's cover was loose, but I put it back on. Could it be the truss rod?
Quote by rotoball95
I bought a used Ibanez for $200 at guitar center. I'm not sure what model it is, so I'll describe it, and maybe you will know. It's white, with black bindings, 24 frets, and 2 humbuckers. It has a 5-way switch that could split the humbuckers. The G string has a HORRIBLE buzz across the open, and every fretted note, and at the higher frets, the intonation starts getting off, unless I tune all the way down to C standard. These strings are 11s by the way. The truss rod's cover was loose, but I put it back on. Could it be the truss rod?

look at the set up thread top of the page.

it'll show you how to raise the saddle to help with the g string.

after that, you'll want to adjust the intonation.

both of those things are explained in the first post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The buzzing is not due to low action, I already adjusted it, and it's not rattling against frets. It's coming from something else. And the intonation was set before this started happening. The intonation was perfect, but when this buzz came out of nowhere, it screwed it up.
Quote by rotoball95
The buzzing is not due to low action, I already adjusted it, and it's not rattling against frets. It's coming from something else. And the intonation was set before this started happening. The intonation was perfect, but when this buzz came out of nowhere, it screwed it up.

if it's not rattling against the frets, then it's not that the neck is bowed.

because that would mean the string is hitting the frets...
(unless, when you asked if it was the truss rod, if you meant the nut or the loose cover was rattling?)

is it a loose part?
-strum the guitar acoustically, and touch parts, see if anything quiets the noise.

is the bridge a fixed bridge or a trem?
-if it's a trem, is it balanced, or ass end in the air?

is it rattling in the nut cut?
-if it is, slip a bit of paper under the string in the cut of the nut.

a string that wont intonate might fix, with a new string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 13, 2011,
If you bought it at a Guitar Centre, even though it was used you should be able to take it back and have them fix it for free as it obviously isn't working properly - I'm assuming it wasn't advertised as 'spares or repair', so you thought you were buying a guitar in good working order. It obviously isn't, so get them to sort it for you or ask for a refund.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
To answer your first question, I'm pretty sure your guitar is an RG2EX2. Cool find if it is. It should say right on the back of the headstock though...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X