im a senior in highschool and i have no idea what i want to do, which i know is not unusual. just wondered what music careers are out there that would be promising.
None.

Learn some more practical skills and do the music for the fun of it.

If you didn't decide to study music long time ago I doubt you'll get accepted for education in this field.

edit:

Don't go for economy, MOST of the people that go there just assume that if you have a degree in economics you can't be poor.
Last edited by Zeletros at Sep 13, 2011,
There are many fields in the music industry that you can do besides simply music performance. To just list a few...
Music Education
Music Recording (there are like a million things in here, from producing to engineering to live sound etc)
Music Business (again, lots of options. working at a label working as a promotor working in sales working at a music store working as a music journalist)
Think of anything that gets done in the music industry, and what you enjoy doing
Recording Artist
Session Musician
Engineer
Producer
Manager
Attorney
Record Company Employee
Roadie

The list goes on. What do you enjoy doing? That is the first thing you should be asking.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by brenton393
im a senior in highschool and i have no idea what i want to do, which i know is not unusual. just wondered what music careers are out there that would be promising.

I left school over 20 years ago. I still haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
You can also get in on the manufacturing side. Like amps and guitars
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.