Sexy
So I've pretty much fallen in love with this guitar and I've almost scraped up enough to buy it. I've been meaning to get a seven string for awhile but decided to save up for this since it has all the features I want.
So I was wondering what yalls thoughts were and what color I should go with? The sapphire black, mystic dream or the pearl red burst?
Mystic Dream looks the best IMO
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
+1 for mystic dream, although the pearl red burst looks pretty awesome too.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Mister A.J.
I'm not too big on the bridge, but Mystic Dream = AWESOME!

I want the piezo's so bad, but what about the bridge dont you like?
Quote by troyofyort
I want the piezo's so bad, but what about the bridge dont you like?

I personally prefer Edge Pro and the Edge-Zero.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Yeah I was considering the ibanez's for the zero edge, but this is like my dream guitar so....
Ibanez with a Double Edge brigde?

They did a few J Custom models with the, iirc.

Though tbh the bridge on the JP models is bloody solid and can with stand most abuse and its an amazing guitar.

The colour is up to you, but what options did you think you want to pick?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Im thinking of the piezos and the painted neck, but idk about getting the optional inlays
Mystic Dream. There's also some really nice maple finishes if you go for a BFR.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
why dont you go for the BFR's? nicer finishes and more unique wood choices.
but if not, mystic dream.

I'm actually thinking about it, and also im having trouble finding the mystic dream at stores so I might go either blue red or black on the BFR seven String

Or this
Last edited by troyofyort at Sep 13, 2011,
tough choice; i'd say mystic, red, or white. the guitarist from born of osiris has a white one and it looks so badass
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Oh last question can anyone tell me how changing easy tunings on this guitar is, like if i wanted to tune the guitar down half a step I would just need to turn down the tuning heads and not have to mess with springs?
It says floating so Im guessing yes...but it lacks fine tuners haha
Last edited by troyofyort at Sep 13, 2011,
Oh last question can anyone tell me how changing easy tunings on this guitar is, like if i wanted to tune the guitar down half a step I would just need to turn down the tuning heads and not have to mess with springs?
It says floating so Im guessing yes...but it lacks fine tuners haha

You'll be able to change it without unlocking things and totally screwing up your setup like on a Floyd, but it's still a floating bridge. Even a half step down is going to change the way the strings pull on the springs, especially on a 7-string where you have more strings to create tension.

Edit: And I'd go for the Mystic Dream =D
Changing tunings is essentially the same as on a Floyd, setup wise. Since the bridge is floating, you'll need to adjust the trem springs to level it again every time you change tunings.

Properly set up though, the JP trem is definitely a very stable trem. Almost as stable as a Floyd, but if you go crazy with the trem like Steve Vai you might not like it. Its definitely capable of taking some moderate abuse though. I prefer it to any double locking trem I've used (and I've used OFRs, Schaller Floyds, Ibanez Edge and LoPros, the JP trem feels better than all of them and works just as well)

Colour wise, I say Candy Red. I have one, and its great It looks a lot more pink than red in their pics, but IRL its a very deep, vivid red.
The Pearl Redburst is OK, but IMO it doesn't look that great. Mystic dream looks pretty cool, but it will add an extra few hundred dollars to the price.
Pearl White is also very nice if you like white. Out of the ones you picked, I'd probably go for Sapphire Black.
Yeah Thanks guys haha I found a seven string in mystic dream i'm gonna get, and as long as this bridge is easier to work with than a FR I'm good!