Page 1 of 3
My normal music taste consists of classic rock, blues, rock n roll, some post hardcore and modern rock but I'm a sucker for Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Kate Voegele's new album (or the first half of it anyway).
Quote by genghisgandhi
My taste is all encompassing. I like all genres.

I forgot to inb4 this. So as of now inb4 "My taste is all encompassing. I like all genres."
Quote by genghisgandhi
Can't inb4 something that's true.

Yeah well you know, it just makes things awkward. You can derail the thread after a few pages, but at least let it get off the ground first
Explosions in the Sky, 65daysofstatic, Lab partners, whatever genre those are i like lately. I watched some MMA Highlight videos and the music like that fit it so well.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Can't inb4 something that's true.

Even post avant post-dreamfunk?

Meh, Mos Def is someone I have potential to start loving. I like what I hear.

Also, Toxic Holocaust. I never thought I would like Crossover Thrash, but the first few tracks off the latest LP are incredible. Sends shivas down ma spyne man!
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Norah Jones and The Fall of Troy. Yeah, both of them.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Primus, Zappa.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Not a fan of indie anything, but The Dear Hunter is pretty cool.
Check out my band Disturbed
Well as a person who listens to too much Metal and the likes of that My lighter side of the music scale is classical and I mean Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Chopin, Brahms...I think you get the point.

Also when you are stuck in traffic its funny to see peoples faces as your stereo goes from blaring something like Slayer's Angel of Death to Mozart's Violin concerto #3.
Mumford and Sons and T Swift
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Usually listen to metal etc. But I grew up listening to the Beatles so I love them. Also like some Neil Young, Katy Perry, Kesha and Lady Gaga aint that bad.
I like some Cobra Starship and MGMT songs

I also think dubstep is cool, but I don't actively listen to it.
explosions in the sky

also, funeral doom metal

my normal music is mostly 60s and early 70s rock and folk, most recently British folk band Fairport Convention
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
This chick introduced me to a bunch of bands recently, she calls it chillwave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQmQQETA_s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3IyYb_rFs0

They pleasantly surprised me.

Also, Mos Def & Talib Kweli's Blackstar. I've been delving into rap recently and that's a pretty ****ing sick album.

Edit : Also, someone posted this band above, Explosions in the Sky. They're pretty cool too.

Also x3, Infected Mushroom and Basshunter. Basshunter was like a week phase though, Infected Mushroom is sick.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Last edited by MetallicSka at Sep 13, 2011,
^Black Star are awesome as well, almost forgot about that.

Johnny Cash, Mumford & Suns, Porcupine Tree, and Stray Cats. I think there might be a few more, but those are all that came to mind.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Sep 13, 2011,
Quote by Swannie
explosions in the sky

also, funeral doom metal

my normal music is mostly 60s and early 70s rock and folk, most recently British folk band Fairport Convention

i listed explosions in the sky too, they're awesome and im mainly a metal head.

another would have to be A7x, they get a lot of hate, but they are more creative and more musically talented than most generic "____core" bands
Quote by ne14t
Well as a person who listens to too much Metal and the likes of that My lighter side of the music scale is classical and I mean Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Chopin, Brahms...I think you get the point.

Mozart is Metal! seriously if you replace the violins w/ guitars and throw in double bass drum rhythms his stuff would pass for metal
Quote by ne14t

Also when you are stuck in traffic its funny to see peoples faces as your stereo goes from blaring something like Slayer's Angel of Death to Mozart's Violin concerto #3.

I do this all the time. I like to listen to carmina burana. That song makes even the most mundane driving situations ( or any situation for that matter) super intense.

OP: I listen to T.Swift, Lady Gaga, B.o.B., and Flynt Flossy.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
i don't like post punk or new wave because they suck but talking heads are pretty cool
Quote by Swannie

Love Fairport.

My usual taste is fairly wide, mostly just about any metal, classic rock, prog rock, blues rock, folk, folk punk, baroque through to romantic classical.

I suppose the most 'different' things that I listen to are the Alex Skolnick Trio (a jazz trio) and Dr. Steel with his bizarre blend of Steampunk/Industrial/Hip-Hop/Electronic/Jazz/Alternative.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I suppose the most 'different' things that I listen to are the Alex Skolnick Trio (a jazz trio) and Dr. Steel with his bizarre blend of Steampunk/Industrial/Hip-Hop/Electronic/Jazz/Alternative.

Practica lo Que Predicas
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by iplayat11
Mozart is Metal! seriously if you replace the violins w/ guitars and throw in double bass drum rhythms his stuff would pass for metal

I do this all the time. I like to listen to carmina burana. That song makes even the most mundane driving situations ( or any situation for that matter) super intense.

OP: I listen to T.Swift, Lady Gaga, B.o.B., and Flynt Flossy.

God Damn Taylor Swift is HOT!

Whats even funnier is Mozart has two really interesting songs, NOTE THESE ARE REAL:

- Leck mich im Arsch (literal translation: Lick me in the arse)

- Leck mir den Arsch fein recht schon sauber (literal translation: Lick my ass right well and clean)

But yeah I listen to a lot of death metal and melodic metal where they go through the scales and modes so its very classical-like then you get into stuff like Yngwie Malmsteen who I consider metal but plays Neo-Classical and that shit sounds good. Then again to me anything with a guitar is worth listening to.
Flux Pavilion and Doctor P.
I don't really like "dirty" modern dubstep, but they've got some pretty awesome tunes between them.

Eminem is about the only rapper I listen to, though I don't have anything against the genre.

And...I've recently been listening to a lot of Lissie. Great voice, catchy tunes...and she's really quite attractive.
Bit of a John Mayer-ish sound to that song.
I'm not a country fan but Brad Paisley is pretty good.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by MetallicSka

Also, Mos Def & Talib Kweli's Blackstar. I've been delving into rap recently and that's a pretty ****ing sick album.

Edit : Also, someone posted this band above, Explosions in the Sky. They're pretty cool too.

Also x3, Infected Mushroom and Basshunter. Basshunter was like a week phase though, Infected Mushroom is sick.

That. As well as Common and Black Milk. I'm generally a blues and rock n roll man but I've started really enjoying selected hip hop and the like.

In saying that, anyone else likeminded should be checking out Blakroc. The Black Keys + Mos Def and friends. Shit is farking awesome.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by MetallicSka

surprised me too, good stuff.

I usually listen to a few different things like hardrock/metal such as Tool and Isis. Or another day it might be blues with Gov't Mule (where my username comes from). Another day It could be some acoustic bands or artists like John Frusciante or The Scene Aesthetic.

But one thing i usually don't listen to that often is Ska and lemme tell you there are some damn good "ska-core" bands out there. The Flaming Tsunamis or We are the Union is pretty enjoyable for me.
Page 1 of 3