...get a clean volume boost on a tube amp without boosting gain as well?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
If you mean for solos then I personally like to run an eq in my fx loop and use it to boost a little bit and to shape my tone for solos.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Thanks! if i had more money i'd look into that
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Short answer: run your boost in the loop.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
do you have a compressor? its not exactly a boost, but it "kinda" boosts the cleans because it evens out the volumes, in my rig it acts as a little boost, you can try that i guess
Quote by Cathbard
Short answer: run your boost in the loop.

Yup. Clean boost, OD (level) or EQ would all work.
WTLTL 2011
u know...they sell pedals that are strictly clean boosts
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
u know...they sell pedals that are strictly clean boosts

Yeah, but its a lot more fun to stick an EQ in there
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Yeah, but its a lot more fun to stick an EQ in there

yea it would be worth more the money to get an EQ...buying a standalone cleanboost i guess would be if u didnt want anything with it :P
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
On a budget

Otherwise get the 10 band version. You'll love it.
WTLTL 2011
what if the amp has no effects loop?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Quote by IronMaiden76

clean boost is your best bet than. Your amp is solid state is it?
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by IronMaiden76

If the amp has no effects loop, you will achieve the best result if you use only clean channel on the amp, and a pedal for overdrive or distortion. You can then put the clean boost or an eq pedal in chain AFTER the overdrive pedal. In that way you will boost only volume. If you put the boost in the chain before overdrive, it will probably only add more distortion.

If you use a clean boost in front of an already overdriven amp, you will mostly achieve only distortion boost, depending on the amount of overdrive produced from the amp on it's own. A crunchy sound will be boosted to distortion, but there will be some volume also. If the gain is set high on the amp, you will only achieve more distortion, and even less volume since the sound is more compressed.
i have a solid state amp but i'm getting the KD5H and i was wondering if i could use something to get a solo boost
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

I'm only basing this on my lil 5w epivalvejr but if you intend to keep up with drums while clean through that amp it aint happenin'. I've tried with mine using both eq and compressor(granted there's no loop) and it aint even close to clean. It will keep up with drums though as long as there isn't a louder amp in the room, just not clean. And if you put your solid state next to it and play through both and tweak the vol to match it'll clean it up a lil but not by much (though it does wonders to modulation and delay fx). I've heard mixed opinions on whether 15w will do it and I guess that makes sense depending on the amp and speaker(s). If you didn't ask cause you're intending to keep up with drums, nevermind, haha, and goodluck

ps. I also tried it through a 1x12 and a 4x12 cab, no luck, just need more power
Last edited by lucky1978 at Sep 14, 2011,

i wanna run the guitar signal through an a/b box and use my frontman for cleans. then i wanna mic my cab and run it through the other input on the frontman, thus using what i have now as a mini p.a. of sorts, as well as a clean guitar tone
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Sep 14, 2011,
if that picture was words, it would be in korean and written by a 4 year old german.

do you really expect us to read that?
mojostompboxes.com
Why if ****s sake would you want to do that? Better off just using the frontman and saving your money on the Randall.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
That IS a lil wild and crazy, wouldn't that take the tube tone you want outta the equation? You might be better off using the a/b as a "channel switch", with the fender being your "clean channel", the tube amp (or both) as your "od channel". You gotta do what you gotta do though. Have fun and goodluck
With the money you'd spend on the whole setup, you could just get a good tube amp that does good cleans and dirt.

Like the Peavey Classic 30, or the new Jet City Amps JCA22.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by IronMaiden76
...get a clean volume boost on a tube amp without boosting gain as well?

By getting a head that has two master volumes like a cornford mk50 or an engl (pretty sure some of them has this as well.. mesa too i think.
nah son, i prefer a EQ with a evel control like the boss. that way you have total control. you can rasie volume without boosting frequencies if you want.

cheapest boost? EHX LPB-1. its about 30-40 bucks.