I would have thought the 6 string's strings would be much lower in pitch while the 7 string's EADGBE would be the same pitch as the standard E we all know? Sorry if I sound so stupid T.T
7 string Standard - BEADGBE

6 String B standard - BEADF#B.

The low Bs are the same pitch, the only differences are the major third interval placement and the presence of the extra string. The EAD are all the same pitch as well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The extra string is on the low end, behind the LOW E. The 7 string is basically the same except for the low B.

Edit: Oh wait if you mean the 6 string is in B standard then it is not exactly the same. The 6 string is missing the high E and the 2nd string from the high end is tuned up a half step.
Last edited by Kortez3000 at Sep 13, 2011,
I think Zaphod understood the most. I meant the pitch of the strings (EAD). So then if EAD on 7 string are as low as on a 6, then wouldn't that be a bit too low for some people?
Quote by Edox442
I think Zaphod understood the most. I meant the pitch of the strings (EAD). So then if EAD on 7 string are as low as on a 6, then wouldn't that be a bit too low for some people?

For some people, yes. I personally like mine in 7 String Standard or Eb (when i play 6s), but a friend of mine prefers D Standard. That part's just personal preference.

And, for next time, remember, Zaphod usually understands the best/fastest.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
7 string Standard - BEADGBE

6 String B standard - BEADF#B.

The low Bs are the same pitch, the only differences are the major third interval placement and the presence of the extra string. The EAD are all the same pitch as well.

This.

Other wise the "sound" of the low strings is the same, you just get the extra high/low string on a 7. Otherwise its the same as a 6 string guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Sep 13, 2011,