Guitar playing has been a hobby of mine on and off for the past 15 years.

There has been a problem that has progressively become worse over the years involving my mid spinal region. After playing guitar moderately for 1-2 hours, there are 1 or 2 vertebrae in my back that protrude outward excessively and just feel out of place. The protruded area doesn't hurt, but it seems to be causing strain on the spinal cord (There is a weak/numb feeling in the extremities (feet/hands/head) and a general feeling of fatigue, which seems to correlate with a spinal cord strain).

After not playing guitar for 1-2 weeks, the weakness, numbness and fatigue go away along with the spinal protrusion.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I'm wondering if it's my body overcompensating for weak hands, or if it's some other spinal/posture issue.
It's probably posture but go to a doctor. Seriously. Any numbness in the extremities is a serious thing that we on this forum are not equipped to handle and shouldn't try to do so.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yes posture is very important, do you hunch when standing? Is the guitar too heavy? Try sticking your chest out more.
Well, I wasn't really looking for medical advice on this forum, simply looking for others who may have experienced a similar scenario.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's probably posture but go to a doctor. Seriously. Any numbness in the extremities is a serious thing that we on this forum are not equipped to handle and shouldn't try to do so.
Quote by jmt0806
Well, I wasn't really looking for medical advice on this forum, simply looking for others who may have experienced a similar scenario.

To what end? So they could tell you what to do about it? It doesn't matter if anyone else has experienced the same thing man, any reply but "yeah sure, I've had that" is medical advice and a really bad idea on the internet. Go see your doctor ASAP.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
To what end? So they could tell you what to do about it? It doesn't matter if anyone else has experienced the same thing man, any reply but "yeah sure, I've had that" is medical advice and a really bad idea on the internet. Go see your doctor ASAP.

Yeah this really isn't something you should be taking lightly, not saying you are. Just see a Doctor as soon as you can.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
This only happens after extended guitar playing and goes away after a few days.

I have had X-Rays taken and everything is supposedly normal with the spine.

Anyway, doctors can't always determine the cause of something, it's just as much their guess as anyone else's. This is why I'm doing research to try to determine the best approach.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr