just an update/question thread

would stay with the natural finish.....considering this piece of basswood isnt that ugly....but theres 3 different pieces and i only like 1 of their grains

eh nothing a bit of wood filler cant fix

and ladies and gents, saftey gloves or a 40 grit belt sander can take a chuck out....this was with a quick reaction after it touching me....imagine if it stayed longer!

so the question part is : my flame maple is probably to arrive in 2-4 days. is there any prepping i should be doing to the wood before glu-ing my veneer? as of now the face is course and has only been sanded with the 40 grit....apparently glue will bond better to a rough surface? or so says my contractor of a dad
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Explorerbuilder
not with wood it wont... It needs to be at least 150 grit. Wood glue does not work like epoxies or other glues. It needs to have much surface contact as possible. And it needs to be DEAD flat... or else you will have wrinkles and it wont glue flat.

any type of sticky stuff that can handle this or am i being stupid to try going around sanding it?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED