I've developed a repetitive stress injury (at least I think it is) in my wrist, and I'm not sure where it is from. I get pain whenever I bump something or bend it the wrong way. It's on the point of my wrist at the end of my thumb. It is fine when I play low frets (up to about 12) but it hurts if I have to stretch up further. I don't think it has anything to do with my posture, as it's never happened before. It also hurts after playing xbox

I've been unable to do weights for weeks now, and I've put off playing guitar and xbox, but it seems the smallest thing keeps making it worse. To fix it it seems like I'd have to give up everything in life

Any ideas on how I can fix it/minimise pain? Could it be a hairline fracture that I possibly didn't know about when it happened?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Sep 13, 2011,
First of all , let it heal for a while , don't stress it just to see if it hurts or not.

If the pain persists , go see a doctor , wrist pain can quickly degenerate and become an horrible injury
- - - - - - - - - - -
Defiantly get it checked out. You can't do much without your wrists.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
I'm gonna have to go and see the doctor. There are things I just can't go without
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
You don't think it can be tendonitis? If so go see a doctor ASAP. It can become permanent and might require surgery if you don't do something on the first sign of it
If it's guitar related, it's almost definitely posture.

I'd guess it's more likely to be xbox or weightlifting though, are you sure it's guitar that did the damage?

And obviously, rest and see a doctor before playing again.
I went to the doctor and she suggested it's tenosynovitis or a minor stress fracture. I'm going to get an ultrasound and an xray. I really doubt it's guitar playing because I've never had it before. I'm starting to believe it's because I switched from ps3 to xbox a few months ago, and the different placement of the left thumbstick has caused it
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator