Poll Options
View poll results: Do you?
Yeah dude!!!!!
96 69%
Noooooo
43 31%
Voters: 139.
Page 1 of 3
Does anybody else here like to just go on long drives for fun? Not really going anywhere in particular and listening to music? Just wondering if I'm the only one. Earlier today I was driving around and blasting some Pixies and I felt right as rain.
X
Dat gas.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I can think of so many things I'd rather do than pointlessly waste expensive gasoline.
PM me for newts
I do this all the time. No harm in enjoying your surroundings every once in a while.
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday
Wow your a true genius UFhobo

Quote by slight☼return
holy shitnelte herp derped with fries brah.

Quote by J Mud
I love five guys. It does look gross in pictures, but it tastes too damn good.
Goin on a cruise through the city at night = oh so relaxing, especially driving through here

Wait who said weed had anything to do with this?
X
bluuuuuunt cruisin', me and my brother did it a lot this past summer. as long as i'm not the driver, i'm ok with it.

EDIT: ^me
I do this, only I walk.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Quote by yup
Does anybody else here like to just go on long drives for fun? Not really going anywhere in particular and listening to music? Just wondering if I'm the only one. Earlier today I was driving around and blasting some Pixies and I felt right as rain.

+1 to teh gas. But that last part is weird, because on my way home from work a few minutes ago it started sprinkling and "Stormy Weather" by the Pixies shuffled on my ipod.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Phalen123
Goin on a cruise through the city at night = oh so relaxing, especially driving through here

You from Indiana too!? NOICE!
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Oh boy, I love wasting gas.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I drive my car for the sake of it too often. I love the fine piece of American engineering that it is.

I got pulled over on 4/21 (notice what day it's after) for having purple hair and blaring Tool out of my speakers...they wanted to search my car. The "official" reason they pulled me over was the parking pass hanging from my mirror (WTF???).

But I didn't get a ticket and I don't do drugs so they didn't find anything. It was pretty sketchy though when they asked where I was driving and I was just like,"That way."
Wasn't getting lunch or anything (it was 4:00 PM) and just couldn't come up with a fake excuse.
I love to do it, but don't due to the price.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by zgr0826
You from Indiana too!? NOICE!

I think indy is one of the cleaner cities ive seen, after exploring the U.S. i dont understand why some cities are considered so nice when they are so filthy
If I had the money I definitely would. I love driving around with music on. I recently FINALLY found a physical copy of an Explosions in the Sky album (All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone) and it's great to drive to.
ALL THE TIME. Today I drove to San Antonio, Texas, without having any need to. Yeah, I should be more considerate of gas, but driving is by far the best form of therapy for me. If I'm really worried about anything, after taking a drive I always feel better. No matter the problem. It definitely helps me sort out my thoughts better than anything else.
Last edited by The Madcap at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by Phalen123

I think indy is one of the cleaner cities ive seen, after exploring the U.S. i dont understand why some cities are considered so nice when they are so filthy

So I guess you live in Indy?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm with everyone here. I love driving nowhere at all, but gas sucks to pay for.

That being said, I usually find some sort of destination to go to
I usually do when I'm upset or lonely. It's the combination of the music and having the windows down with the night air rolling in that seems so therapeutic to me.

Living in a small city surrounded by a lot of country has its perks, and driving is one of them.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Phalen123

Walking the canal is way better.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Phalen123

Indiana FTW!

At home I live in the country (Huntingtion County for my fellow Hoosiers) and me and my friends use to endlessly drive around in high school...good times
Shit's expensive, man. Fuck that. There isn't anything worth seeing anywhere near my home anyway.
I live just south of Indy in suburbia

but im in college in southern indiana so im only back on the weekends

but Indianapolis is about a 15-20 minute drive directly from my house and im always down there at Tru if any indy people are familiar with that

I do this whenever I can. Cigarette in hand, the open road, some good music... it's the perfect way to unwind and clear my head. Driving is a real passion of mine.
If I can manage to get away from all the fucking stupid people that are on the roads around here, then yeah, I love it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I do every once and a while, but usually when its raining. Its fun to just drive out into the middle of nowhere.
Love that. Too bad I can't afford to.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I want to really bad. Being in the NC mountains there are so many awesome places to just drive around and see the country, especially on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just not when gas is $3.60 a gallon

Such a beautiful scenery to behold but driving there is a hassle.

The road to cruise on down here requires me to go like 30 miles north just to get to it. Despite how awesome this road is to travel on once you get about 30 miles north, the section that runs through the two nearest counties is the most dangerous highway in America.
Quote by in2thesun88
I want to really bad. Being in the NC mountains there are so many awesome places to just drive around and see the country, especially on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just not when gas is $3.60 a gallon
Ever been to Hanging Rock mountain in Winston-Salem? That is a very beautiful place and quite an eerie section of mountain I think.

NC is a beautiful state but one memory of it is bad. Been driving non stop from Massachusetts, it was around 3 in the morning and on a section of I-75 that is all range, I almost fell asleep behind the wheel and could have plunged. That would have been my last drive ever.
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Sep 14, 2011,
Well that sucks ^

In indy on friday and saturday nights its desolate, like barely any traffic anywhere, ultimate cruising area, people have been meeting at car meets since before i was born and just cruising around

Indy has no VW scene though
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Ever been to Hanging Rock mountain in Winston-Salem? That is a very beautiful place and quite an eerie section of mountain I think.

NC is a beautiful state but one memory of it is bad. Been driving non stop from Massachusetts, it was around 3 in the morning and on a section of I-75 that is all range, I almost fell asleep behind the wheel and could have plunged. That would have been my last drive ever.

No I haven't, I hear its pretty cool.

I know what you are saying about plunges, the only way to access the best trout streams around here, just south of Grandfather Mountain, is via one lane dirt roads that follow the edge of the mountains, there are sections of road where my tires are 3 feet away from a 400 foot vertical drop into the valley below. Its pretty nerve racking but the scenery is absolutely amazing, it pure wilderness for the most part.
Must be nice to be the 30 people who can blow money on gas willy nilly
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Yeah, I've got a pretty nice sound system in my truck so I do a bit of aimless driving if I find myself with nothing else to do.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Page 1 of 3