Well, perusing craigslist last night i saw "$20 guitar and case!"
soo, i couldnt help but peek at it. it didnt look in awful condition, so i thought what the heck ill go grab it. so i emailed him, case was sold, guitar and amp still there, $15.
HMMM!!

i went by today and grabbed it, knowing id find some use for another cheapo project. either to clean up and sell for a little profit, or give to my buddy whos been wanting to start.

Its a Hohner Rockwood LX100G, strat copy. from the 80s i think.

the amp... well, i have nothing to say about the amp will be good for travelling in the g35, not much space for a real amp

The $15 wonder, with the $4 squier strat

no need for a description.. turn up the gain a little and it sounds like i had too many beans for lunch

the neck bolts were too small for the plate so the plate just kinda flopped there. so i pulled out my spare 4 neck bolts, they fit perfect! so i started pulling the bolts, which someone glued in. broke 1. couldnt get it out. then putting one in next to it, broke it too. then another one. GAH!

so now i have two of the original neck bolts and 2 new ones. i had to drive them in just at a slight angle because of the broken stubs left in the neck. oh well

its missing the switch tip too. oh noez!
replaced one of the pots too, the threaded shaft literally broke in half so it wouldnt stop spinning around.

its also made of plywood it appears. awesomeeeee....

oh well, $15.

will be getting strings tomorrow, see how this puppy sounds!
hey, if i cant buy a few super nice ones, might as well buy a buttload of cheap ones and make a few

this was fully impulse. no idea what i want to do with it yet. same as the strat... but the strat will probably end up being my brothers. he loaned $3 of the $4 that the strat cost, i didnt have cash on me
Quote by xadioriderx
hey, if i cant buy a few super nice ones, might as well buy a buttload of cheap ones and make a few

this was fully impulse. no idea what i want to do with it yet. same as the strat... but the strat will probably end up being my brothers. he loaned $3 of the $4 that the strat cost, i didnt have cash on me

Did he put 500% interest on that loan?

And you need to add this guitar to your sig man!
Where's Waldo?
just threw some strings on it, old strings, i couldnt wait any longer =p
had to shim the neck to more of an angle, but that fixed the action first try. the two E strings need to have the saddles lifted a little, but i dont wanna go outside and get my allen wrench, so itll do for now

the volume apparently acts as a tone knob. its wired as a volume, i just wired it myself. so it appears the pots either toast or i need to recheck the wires. i cant believe how bad the wiring is on this, its the most ridiculous jumble for so few things.
guess ill pull it apart tomorrow and take a look.
gotta swap out the switch as well, its crackling and shorting like mad. it looked pretty rough. i may just wire each pot as a volume, and put that modded 5way switch i made into a killswitch in. so i have individual volumes and a killswitch. hmm. why the hell not?!

Quote by chadreed32
And you need to add this guitar to your sig man!

Done! Im out of room, i had to shorten "ibanez" 3 times lol
Last edited by xadioriderx at Sep 14, 2011,