The number of Americans living in poverty rose to 46.2 million last year, nearly one in six people, according to the US Census Bureau's annual report.

The 2010 data shows the poverty rate at 15.1%, from 14.3% in 2009. The number of Americans without health insurance also rose slightly to 49.9 million.

The poverty rate was the highest since 1983, and tied with the level in 1993.

The number of Americans living below the poverty line has now risen for four years in a row.

The US definition of poverty is an annual income of $22,314 (£14,129), or less for a family of four, and $11,139 for a single person.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14903732

I knew the numbers had risen but god damn, nearly one in sex people? If anyone's, whose fault would you say this is? If that's even the important question. I think, "how can this be solved?" is a better question.

Here's also a list with the poverty rates for different countries. After googling a bit Sweden comes up as N/A wherever I go so I really couldn't tell the poverty rates here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That's American exceptionalism for you. And Republican presidential candidates all want the lower 50% of income to pay more taxes because they have it "too good."
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 14, 2011,
Goddamn white people!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Kensai

I knew the numbers had risen but god damn, nearly one in sex people? If anyone's, whose fault would you say this is? If that's even the important question. I think, "how can this be solved?" is a better question.

Here's also a list with the poverty rates for different countries. After googling a bit Sweden comes up as N/A wherever I go so I really couldn't tell the poverty rates here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty

Hey, they may not have much money, but they're getting a lot of action.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
In my state it will get worse because of this prick
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
jesus, under 11,000? yeah, no shit you're living in poverty under that. i can't believe there's so many people under that. I really wish this place wasn't going to hell.
My sig? Nice.
i cant believe this!! me and my sister just got two i-pads for $42.77 each and a $50 amazon card for $9. the stores want to keep this a secret and they dont tell you. go here BIDGETS.COM
We make less than $12000 a year for a two person household. Does that make me...superpoor!?!?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai

I'm going to say they should stop being lazy, which is ironic given how lazy that response is and the complete lack of reason, logic, or even the most basic research which I could have used, but instead I perversely refuse to do any of those things.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by abubebe3
i cant believe this!! me and my sister just got two i-pads for $42.77 each and a $50 amazon card for $9. the stores want to keep this a secret and they dont tell you. go here BIDGETS.COM

*ported*

Also, I now can't get past the 1 in sex thing.
One in sex? Now that's a statistic I can work with!

/jackassery

But that figure is ridiculously huge, that's actually really quite depressing.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Quote by soulflyV
Staring face

You know, seeing your location is Australia that should be the most straightforward way to say 1 in 6 no?

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Quote by that guy again
You know, seeing your location is Australia that should be the most straightforward way to say 1 in 6 no?

Are you referring to our high instances of gang-rape? Or our high instances of sextuplets being born?

Or our high instances of sextuplet gang-rape?
Quote by necrosis1193
Hey, they may not have much money, but they're getting a lot of action.

I made this thread right after waking up at 6 AM. Also sex in Swedish means six (or sex for that matter).
Last edited by Kensai at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by soulflyV
Are you referring to our high instances of gang-rape? Or our high instances of sextuplets being born?

Or our high instances of sextuplet gang-rape?

I was referring to the sound you people make when you try to count, but I feel the point about gang rape is more important at this point.

You really need to put a stop to those rampaging sextuplets

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

What do you expect when people from Mexico are coming to America illegal and taking our jobs?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
What do you expect when people from Mexico are coming to America illegal and taking our jobs?

Took our jeeerbs...!
Quote by that guy again

You're thinking of New Zealand, failfag.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by that guy again
I was referring to the sound you people make when you try to count.

You could not be more wrong. The answer is Phyllis Diller.
Quote by tyler_j

More like Phallus Swiller. He was a big mover in the underground gang-rape scene.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by dann_blood
You're thinking of New Zealand, failfag.

:O

*Raises finger*

I think I'm done fighting against my neighbours for today, he done made me sad

Quote by tyler_j

Ohhhh but of course

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Quote by that guy again
:O

*Raises finger*

I think I'm done fighting against my neighbours for today, he done made me sad

Well if it's only consolation, I love you kiwis. Heck, my girlfriends a kiwi
Quote by tyler_j
Well if it's only consolation, I love you kiwis. Heck, my girlfriends a kiwi

I have family in Australia and you really are similar people to us. I'm sure you see more kiwis in Aussie, than aussies in NZ though O.o

Still

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Quote by that guy again
I have family in Australia and you really are similar people to us. I'm sure you see more kiwis in Aussie, than aussies in NZ though O.o

Still

Well, in all honesty, I plan to move to NZ first chance I get.
So, I hope the ratio of NZ'ers to Australians will be skewed more towards the Kiwis
In other news, the richest 0.1% of the US and Britain have seen their incomes grow faster in real terms in the last three years (of financial crisis) than at any point in human history. Welcome to capitalism.
Quote by tyler_j
Well, in all honesty, I plan to move to NZ first chance I get.
So, I hope the ratio of NZ'ers to Australians will be skewed more towards the Kiwis

So many Aussie UG'ers want to move to NZ

You should all come to Wellington and hang out with me

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Quote by that guy again

I have never in my life even heard of this happening...

OT: Ouch. So good luck with that. Cross your fingers and hope that the least moronic candidate gets elected.
Quote by that guy again

Can you blame them? Look at Australia!

North Island is definitely my plan. Thinking around Hamilton or possibly Wellington.
Was there in July. I felt the good vibes.

Anyway, I'm derailing this...

Poverty is awful, man.....
Quote by tyler_j
Can you blame them? Look at Australia!

North Island is definitely my plan. Thinking around Hamilton or possibly Wellington.
Was there in July. I felt the good vibes.

Anyway, I'm derailing this...

Poverty is awful, man.....

yeah a tad off topic

I guess that's what the NZ thread is for though. Take talk there.

Though, I'd suggest Wellington over Hamilton, but I'm bias, with good reason

Yes, OT: Poverty is bad, the states really need to get their act together somehow. My condolences to your country

Quote by DeadlyIllness

*Drum Solo*

Media demonizes poor people in US so no one gives a shit about them and tells them to get a job. Despite them having two jobs working for minimum wage with no benefits and still being poor.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."