Quote by Perverockstar69
Anyone?

Ha ha, its odd how many views this thread has gotten and how few posts.

I put it up to spark some conversation, but it seems that only the most idiotic threads make it to multiple pages around here. If I had posted that I need an amp the same height as my bandmate or someone ran a vacuum near my pedals and they sound different now, this thread would be ten pages by now.
I don't think its supposed to be a SLO clone type pedal but merely a high gain pedal that produces tones close to it but I dunno. He did that with the triple wreck too it was just a high gain pedal not a triple rec in a box.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Grawgos
I was just wondering if anyone had seen this yet and what your thoughts on it are.

Wampler SLOstortion

I have no experience with the SLO, so hopefully someone who does will weigh in on whether it sounds similar or not.

I think it sounds pretty good though.
I like the Mid and high Mid. I'd like to hear the setting with a lot less Treble and a bit more Bass. I can hear a bit of the SLO.

I really like buggerman666s demos he usually pulls out several tones and does his best to show the versatility.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
I quite liked the lower gain tones despite not being very SLO-like. It got too fuzzy at higher gain though.
Yeah I really like the low to med-high gain tones.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
I don't think its supposed to be a SLO clone type pedal but merely a high gain pedal that produces tones close to it but I dunno. He did that with the triple wreck too it was just a high gain pedal not a triple rec in a box.

I agree, if you can get the exact same sound of an amp that costs thousands of dollars for 2-300 bucks then why buy the amp. I was just wondering how close it actually comes.

The triple wreck sounds awesome, but it is certainly not a replacement for the real deal.
yeah they both have some great sounds, I should get to try out the SLO soon and I really think it will be good.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Grawgos
I agree, if you can get the exact same sound of an amp that costs thousands of dollars for 2-300 bucks then why buy the amp. I was just wondering how close it actually comes.

The triple wreck sounds awesome, but it is certainly not a replacement for the real deal.

You will never get the EXACT same sound of a $4000 amp from a pedal. Get that straight first off. While I've never tried any Wampler pedals (I've only heard great things about them btw), I've owned an SLO for 6 years, & believe me, no pedal I've heard can duplicate what that amp can do. The clarity & articulation at even extreme gain settings is ridiculous on an SLO, & it sounds great at any volume. The pedal may sound good at bedroom levels & such, but there's no substitute in a loud live situation.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Neat pedal. Looks pricey. If you buy it, buy it for the pedal. Don't expect it to take the place of a particular amplifier.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by riffhog
You will never get the EXACT same sound of a $4000 amp from a pedal. Get that straight first off. While I've never tried any Wampler pedals (I've only heard great things about them btw), I've owned an SLO for 6 years, & believe me, no pedal I've heard can duplicate what that amp can do. The clarity & articulation at even extreme gain settings is ridiculous on an SLO, & it sounds great at any volume. The pedal may sound good at bedroom levels & such, but there's no substitute in a loud live situation.

i know, thats what i was saying. its not a substitute for the real deal, but it can help a poor or bedroom player get somewhat close.
Quote by Grawgos
i know, thats what i was saying. its not a substitute for the real deal, but it can help a poor or bedroom player get somewhat close.

For the price of that pedal, you may want to check out the Jet City amps first. You may get closer to the sound you want, but like I said, I haven't tried the pedal, so it may work very well for what it is. It may sound weird, but there's a lot of ways to sound somewhat similar to an SLO, but the magic is in the feel of it & control when you play it. Really "live" response. Pedals just don't capture that feel, but can sound OK, you know? Hard to put into words
Good luck, man!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

I believe so. Also I really don't think Wampler intended it to be a SLO in a box.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
actually just checked Wampler and didn't see it for sell and it does indeed look like he advertises it to be a SLO in a box.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by riffhog
For the price of that pedal, you may want to check out the Jet City amps first. You may get closer to the sound you want, but like I said, I haven't tried the pedal, so it may work very well for what it is. It may sound weird, but there's a lot of ways to sound somewhat similar to an SLO, but the magic is in the feel of it & control when you play it. Really "live" response. Pedals just don't capture that feel, but can sound OK, you know? Hard to put into words
Good luck, man!

I'm not planning on buying one, flat broke at the moment.

I just thought it would be a nice topic of coversation instead of the 5 "what OD" threads we get everyday.
Quote by riffhog
Good luck, man!
So you're hanging on to your SLO forever? Definitely one of my favorites. What do you think about the Decatone?

they raised the price of the SLo stortion to 249 .. its was 229 last week .

thats not cheap for a pedal . i know wampler make great dirt pedal .. but 249 .. kinda pricey IMO . maybe not if its as good as the demo and capture somethign close to an slo . i might grab one

of course it will never be the real SLO amp .. theres no preamp tube /power saturation .. but pedals are surprisingly becoming better and better sounding .

im thinking about building my whole rig with pedals .

Carvin ts100 power amp with a 2x12 cabinet . and run all pedals into it . Dirt and effect . all boutique .

great set up for punk rock , pop punk ( ok thats not real music P)
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by Ippon
So you're hanging on to your SLO forever? Definitely one of my favorites. What do you think about the Decatone?

Yeah, it's a keeper. Plus it has a lifetime warranty

I never tried a Decatone, but when I was shopping for the SLO, I contacted the guys at Soldano & they answered a bunch of questions for me. Comparing the SLO to a Deca, they said if you played an SLO one day, & then played a Deca the next day, you would think they're identical, but if you A/B them side by side, the SLO is a bit fatter & punchier. Also, the purple SLOs tend to kick more ass than the other colors, but no one seems to know why

Edit: Just so no one calls Soldano to ask, I'll admit the last statement is tainted with horse shit.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Last edited by riffhog at Sep 16, 2011,
^^ the avenger i tried was purple and it sounded badass. QED.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sounds good, doesn't sound like an SLO
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^ the avenger i tried was purple and it sounded badass. QED.

You should have bought that Avenger you cheap ass!

You still have the baddest guitar on here though!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by riffhog
Yeah, it's a keeper. Plus it has a lifetime warranty

I never tried a Decatone, but when I was shopping for the SLO, I contacted the guys at Soldano & they answered a bunch of questions for me. Comparing the SLO to a Deca, they said if you played an SLO one day, & then played a Deca the next day, you would think they're identical, but if you A/B them side by side, the SLO is a bit fatter & punchier. Also, the purple SLOs tend to kick more ass than the other colors, but no one seems to know why

Edit: Just so no one calls Soldano to ask, I'll admit the last statement is tainted with horse shit.
Yea, the Decatone isn't exactly a slouch, especially mine with the DeYoungs like the SLO. I noticed the Black one had slightly better tone than the Purple, though ... maybe a bit of hearing loss Gramps?

Dave, I just saw 2 Avengers close at $800!

^ i think they'd be a lot dearer than that here... the one i saw was 1350 euro s/h, though that was when the exchange rate was much more favourable... probably about £900.

Quote by riffhog
You should have bought that Avenger you cheap ass!

You still have the baddest guitar on here though!

i seriously thought about it, but i didn't have any way to get it home... i was down in dublin just for a day trip and had taken the train (and the darn train station in dublin is a fair bit out of the centre).

Dunno about the guitar thing (thanks, though ), I've seen a lot of really really nice ones recently.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?