I'm talking about the 'Desolation' guitars. I love Charvel guitars, I owned a couple back in the eighties, but sold them (stupid). Thinking of getting a couple of these new ones eventually as they look pretty sharp. None of the music stores in my area deal with Charvel as it happens, so if I get one I"ll likely have to order online without trying it out. I'm pretty sure the Desolation guitars are made in the US, but appreciate any info anybody has on them from experience,

cheers
I think that they're quite ugly.. The old Charvels, be they superstrats or more like the traditional ones, they looked much, much better.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I wouldnt waste your money...they look like schecters with "charvel" on the headstock. That said, that is only my opinion. They may be great guitars as ive never personally tried them.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I wouldnt waste your money...they look like schecters with "charvel" on the headstock.

+1
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
they're not made in the US. korea or china, i think.

the pro mods are japanese made. get one of those instead.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The world deffo needs more guitars that are made in china and korea with mahogany bodys, mahogany ultra access set necks, emgs, figured tops and grover tuners...

Oh and abalone, dont forget the abalone.

moar abalone for teh mojos
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
moar abalone for teh mojos

That's why the Shectorz are THE BEST N BR00TZ!!!1!!!

I like the abalone on my C-1
To go along with my last post. Schecters arent bad guitars by any means...Im selling my hellraiser because its the only guitar ive ever actually kept stock. I just need room and funds for my projects.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Out of all of their newer models, the only ones I can relate to anyone wanting to use is the DS Series, which have a well-modified LP shape plus other goodies. The rest of the guitars in the Desolation line look like deformed Fernandes guitars.

Don't get me wrong, I own 1.5 Charvels, but these just seem way out of place for Charvel to be making. I'm guessing that Fender (Charvel's parent company) is wanting to enter the market against Schecter, so instead of making Schecter-like guitars under their own name, they decided to demand one of their daughter companies to produce them and I guess they picked Charvel to help get their name out further.
Yeah, these are made in China. I'm not really a fan, they look okay, but not really much different from the rest of the market. And more importantly, they don't look like Charvels. If I'm going to buy a Charvel, I want a superstrat or a star.

So it's a good thing we have the Pro-Mods. They just need to add a star to the lineup.
+infinity

would lub a star

don't get me wrong, i like their superstrats too (and have been GASsing on and off for one for ages), but a star would be the icing on the cake.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Yeah, these are made in China. I'm not really a fan, they look okay, but not really much different from the rest of the market. And more importantly, they don't look like Charvels. If I'm going to buy a Charvel, I want a superstrat or a star.

So it's a good thing we have the Pro-Mods. They just need to add a star to the lineup.

Srs?

Now I don't want one anymore... I really liked that Skatecaster.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Srs?

Now I don't want one anymore... I really liked that Skatecaster.

Yeah, one of the guys who works at Charvel posted it over on the JCF. Apparently they're going to have US versions coming out of the Custom Shop at some point too.
i played one at my local music store yesterday and they are indeed made in china, the sticker was on the headstock and everything. it was alright, nothing special. they wanted 650 canadian for it and i would never pay that for a chinese guitar
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
i don't really like the looks of the Desolations, though i'd love to get a Pro Mod. the Model series from the 80s are still the best though
Rock In Peace, Ronnie James Dio

my gear:
Charvel Model 4
Custom Superstrat w/ DiMarzios (under construction)
Peavey Vypyr
saving up for a better amp
I tried a DS-1FR and an SK-3ST and both were pretty average. the spec on the DS was pretty good, but im not convinced that it was any better than a comparable jackson or schecter

the biggest disappointment was that the necks on both were quite different from the (absolutely amazing) necks on the pro-mod guitars. I would honestly save up for a pro-mod or look elsewhere