Hey guys,

Quick question thats bugged me for a while but I never got around to asking...
which guitar is this that Danny G is playing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57RFhiDTgyo

I've seen it in quite a few of his vids and really like it...

Cheers!
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
(My hero) - Robin Williams
It's a modified or custom shop ESP Strat copy. If you look through ESP's model history they've never made a guitar quite like that normally so it must be custom/modded. It looks to be one of their Floyd versions, either in black or midnight blue or royal blue. Black pickguard, maple/rosewood neck, SD Hotrails in all three positions with split switches I bet. Pretty standard stuff really. Grab any Strat with a Floyd bridge and stick some Hot Rails in there, you'll have the same thing. Very common pickup swap really.
I also have tried to figure out which model it is and all I can find out is that ESP sponsored his group years ago and furnished him several guitars. I have tried to see the model on the 12th fret but all I see is ESP and not the model number. Guess you could log onto the licklibrary forum under Danny's forum and actually ask him.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
I bet it's a one-off custom shop model then. Still, the spec is easy enough to replicate.
Thanks guys!

Yep, in one of the YT interviews he talks about how ESP gave him a bunch of guitars and thats why he uses those in the vids, not because x is better than y (ie, Fender/Gibson/ESP/whatever) but he never mentioned which one that black one was.

Not really interested in replicating it, was wondering if they sold it like that in stock configuration... don't think I can afford it even if they did sell it in stock but was curious to know which one.

Thanks for your input guys!
Cheers!
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
What a very strange coincidence...
I am honestly watching that video right now.

I was like "I don't know a Danny G so I can't answer this.."
then I was like "DANNY G?.. Could it be Danny Gil?"
And it was.
It was also the same video I was watching.

I love coincidences.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Damn! If you are a hot babe that means we were meant to be together... if not...
its just a coincidence so have a good day!
Fender and ESP both do standard Strat copies with Floyds. Stick some Hot Rails in and you're set, it wouldn't be that expensive. It's basically just the same thing that Iron Maiden and a ton of 80s bands have been doing for decades.
Very interesting! Never had a FR setup before.

Just the floyd rose kit is between 200-300 euros but "cheaper" guitars with licensed FRs run from 125 and up...
I think the tone he has Is killer. He has some great videos out also on technique

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Yep, he has some great tone selections for his vids and his tuts are some of the best out there.

If I am mildly interested in a tut, and I glance down and see it's by Danny... SOLD!
It's a Vintage Plus w/ Floyd Rose. Standard ESP guitar you could buy off the shelf.

One with a Floyd

and one without

My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Last edited by Air_Vengeance at Sep 14, 2011,
Interesting... do you have a clearer pic of the blue one?

The second one does look a lot closer to Danny's but searching for "ESP vintage plus" is not bringing up Dannys or even guitars like your second pic even on ESP:
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/esp-standard/vintageplus.html

Kinda OT, but GOD! I hate it when they screw up really nice guitars by putting nicks and scratches and bumps and sandpaper spots etc on it.
Neither of those models are listed even in ESP's product archive, they must be fairly old and out of production for years.
They are a 1997 model. Yes,if you look up that info lately all you will get are those reliced LTD's. For the money those LTD's are really great guitars and play really well. Shame they screw up the paint job.

If you are looking for more info I even think they called them "ESP S" I guess for standard but everyone I have ever seen has said Vintage Plus on the head stock. I no longer have a blue one,I have too many guitars with Floyds,but the sunburst is about the best playing guitar I have ever played so it's a keeper. Nothing Fender makes even comes close.

Here is a shot from the 1997 catalog,enjoy.

My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Last edited by Air_Vengeance at Sep 15, 2011,
Thanks!
Quote by MusicGu7

Kinda OT, but GOD! I hate it when they screw up really nice guitars by putting nicks and scratches and bumps and sandpaper spots etc on it.

Relic'd? Yeah I never understood the allure of it either. I've tried those LTD version though and they are nice guitars. I guess if nothing else you never really have to worry about them getting banged up.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.