Hi

I have been searching this out as well here. i just posted about my setup and how i like the amps sound for gain/distortion. that being said i was wondering what you think is a great pedal for a great distorted sound.

i just got the HT stage 60 from blackstar and yes i do like its sound. however i still haven't been able to dial in what i really want, so if i am unable to do so what are your thoughts on a great distortion pedal?

i play rock, like alot of REM, AC/DC and like a mid rangey growl? i don't need tight, scooped metal sounds

so looking for a great cleaner crunch to def something that can scream as a lead but in a more open, mid rangey sort of way?

its so hard to describe these sounds and i do not have a sample from someone i can give you

- also, with this pedal, how do you set up the amp so as not to have them both competing? or do you sort of mix and match them?

thanks again
What's your budget for a pedal? On another note, if you don't like the sound of the HT Stage 60, I would return it.
Boss BF3
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
A Ibanez JD9 jet driver on the clean channel will nail classic rock crunch....
my budget is pretty open, but for a pedal i would say anywhere up to 300?
Strymon Ola in that case
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

These are a few of the pedals I use to get a variety of tones.

Jekyll & Hyde - The J&H has a nice TS on one side and a higher gain classic rock distortion on the other.

EHX Germanium 4 - The Germanium 4 is an interesting pedal that can get a wide range of tones from Big Muff to classic rock on one side. The other side can give a clean boost to a gritty OD.

MXR Classic OD @ GC -The MXR is a excellent OD with a great tone. The song Black Cat Boogie in my profile uses the MXR into a clean amp.
Quote by fly135
These are a few of the pedals I use to get a variety of tones.

Jekyll & Hyde - The J&H has a nice TS on one side and a higher gain classic rock distortion on the other.

EHX Germanium 4 - The Germanium 4 is an interesting pedal that can get a wide range of tones from Big Muff to classic rock on one side. The other side can give a clean boost to a gritty OD.

MXR Classic OD @ GC -The MXR is a excellent OD with a great tone. The song Black Cat Boogie in my profile uses the MXR into a clean amp.

He has a $300 budget and you offer up these?

Also, I second everything from PBT guys. They know their shit.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
He has a $300 budget and you offer up these?
So you're one of the idiots that think price = tone
you get what you pay for, I don't ever play without first putting on a glove that touched Robben Ford's Dumble, let me tell ya that thing wasn't cheap but its oh so worth it.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273
you get what you pay for, I don't ever play without first putting on a glove that touched Robben Ford's Dumble, let me tell ya that thing wasn't cheap but its oh so worth it.
True, but sadly I'm a Cheap Gear Enthusiast.
Quote by stykerwolf
So like, you think Dumble's sound bad? Nu uh! i'm glad i sold my parents car to afford a real Dumble, i mean it's got so much tone, totally worth it. Excuse me i have to beg for food, brb
It's always worth it when you're parents are paying for it. My kids have held that philosophy for years.
Quote by jam85
Hi

i play rock, like alot of REM, AC/DC and like a mid rangey growl? i don't need tight, scooped metal sounds

so looking for a great cleaner crunch to def something that can scream as a lead but in a more open, mid rangey sort of way?

thanks again

Why does this part scream "TS-9" to me? As far as a standalone distortion goes though, there's plenty that offer that mid-range growl and rock/hard rock distortion. Just look at everything Gearmanndude demos or something.