http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUCElzV_IM8

At 2:13, you see the bassist of The Black Dahlia Murder jamming around and I love that tone (if you've listened to the latest TBDM album it's quite noticeable).

Anywho, does anyone have a clue how I can get that sort of tone? What sort of amp/settings would I need to get that sort of tone? If it helps, I always use my fingers, not a pick when playing bass. I'm currently using my mom's Thunderbird bass, but I've been wanting to get my own for some time, so any recommendations?

Thanks
Another unoriginal prog head.
seems like a bit of playing hard, heavy treble, maybe some drive or even fuzz.

an Ibanez would probably be better for that kind sound. like an SR? or a Zon but you may have to sell your private jet to buy it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
yea highs and crazy high low mids ish
probably want a low action to get that kind of clack

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I definitely hear some fuzz, or something in there as well.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
yea definately, lots of drive or gain, or like a sharp quiet dist

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Alright thanks a lot I'm quite a big Ibanez fan so I'm happy that you guys suggested Ibanez

I got another question that I didn't think of yesterday: what kind of desktop recording interfaces do you guys use (if you do)? I got a Line 6 Pod XT Live and it can record bass but I've been thinking of upgrading anyway. Thanks again
Another unoriginal prog head.
In my time i've used a POD X3, a Tascam Ul144, and a Presonus Firestudio.

I've honestly found them all to be pretty good. The Firestudio has been the best, both in terms of being able to multitrack 8 tracks and act as a very simple mixer, and practically zero latency recording.