Hello guys!

I'll finally start music class (yaaaaay me)
And I was wondering what your experiences are of music class?
Also, do you have any tips for me? ^^
Be prepared for a lot of snarky people, be prepared for being put on the spot, be prepared to pull out your hair when people talk about 4'33 by john cage. Enjoy yourself its a blast

No really it is

by a Music Ed. Major
Quote by Jesse Clarkson
What's your major?

Uuhm, what do you mean with the major ^^'
Sry for the probably dumb question
Quote by kishintai
Uuhm, what do you mean with the major ^^'
Sry for the probably dumb question
What does your degree/diploma/certificate focus on? Composition, performance, jazz, musicology, audio engineering?
Quote by Jesse Clarkson
What does your degree/diploma/certificate focus on? Composition, performance, jazz, musicology, audio engineering?

I can't imagine someone could get into a music school without knowing what a major is... Maybe he just means guitar lessons?
Quote by JetPackBlues
I can't imagine someone could get into a music school without knowing what a major is... Maybe he just means guitar lessons?

Maybe he's British? or lives in a British medium country? O_O
I dunno any "Major" either. All I know are Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree and PhD.
Last edited by MaddMann274 at Sep 15, 2011,
Quote by MaddMann274
Maybe he's British? or lives in a British medium country? O_O
I dunno any "Major" either. All I know are Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree and PhD.
I'm pretty sure it's referred to as a major in Britain too. I explained because English might not be his first language. I assume you aren't old enough to attend university if you don't know what a major is.
Quote by Jesse Clarkson
I'm pretty sure it's referred to as a major in Britain too. I explained because English might not be his first language. I assume you aren't old enough to attend university if you don't know what a major is.

We don't normally talk about majors. I think most people would know what you were talking about, though.
Quote by Jesse Clarkson

The term was not used when I attended university in the early 90s in Britain. It sounds distinctly American to my ears.
we don't use major here or in ireland.

wow guys, derailing before it's even left the station well done. sometimes i wonder why i come on here.
Quote by Jehannum
The term was not used when I attended university in the early 90s in Britain. It sounds distinctly American to my ears.

Exactly.

EDIT: This seems to be going kinda off topic, TS, what's your "major"?
Last edited by MaddMann274 at Sep 15, 2011,
wow guys, derailing before it's even left the station well done. sometimes i wonder why i come on here.

... with all due respect, it's very hard to answer questions about music academies when we have no idea if he's doing a residential 3rd level course, a part time diploma, or just private guitar lessons once a week.

So, what are you doing threadstarter?
Quote by kishintai
Hello guys!

I'll finally start music class (yaaaaay me)
And I was wondering what your experiences are of music class?

I learned stuff

Quote by kishintai

Also, do you have any tips for me? ^^

Put time and effort into it.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Jesse Clarkson

Oh, and sorry for assuming it would be used in Britain. .

who said anything about britain?
Hey guys!
Sry for my late post ^^'
@Jesse Clarkson: I live in Belgium and when I went to the academy, they didn't mention anything about majors..
To make it what clearer; I study for Engineer in Antwerp and after school, on the evening there is music academy.
I have 2times a week theory and 4times actual guitar lessons
Sry for the misunderstanding guys :s